What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MMMMMMMMMM chicken pot pie! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

put together a frame to house a double pulley to gear down a motor,that will turn my sausage grinder

Yummy!!
I'm not suppose to eat any of that High cholesterol stuff.
SHHHHH!!!!! I had 2 Chorizo and egg burritos for breakfast this morning. :D

changed a 40 gal wtr htr yesterday.
Existing

In a garage
No stand.
vent not properly connected.

2016-02-05 008 (600x800).jpg

2016-02-05 007 (800x600).jpg

2016-02-05 005 (800x600).jpg

I was sent with a new metal 22" stand with a 20" space to set it in.:eek:
I modified the stand, extended the gas line, raised the water supplies, pushed up the transite vent, added a seismic strap, and added a drip leg.

2016-02-05 012 (800x600).jpg

2016-02-05 015 (800x600).jpg

2016-02-05 014 (800x600).jpg

2016-02-05 018 (600x800).jpg

Then I had to go replace a sewage ejector pump.
Thursday I had to clean this out and one pump was bad

2016-02-04 Hilltop Ejector 009 (1024x768).jpg

2016-02-04 Hilltop Ejector 010 (1024x768).jpg

007.jpg

Chicken pot pie sounds good. For some reason it made me think of shepherd's pie. I used to get that in Singapore at one of the kiosks in the basement of Takashimaya. Singapore has a lot of stuff underground-- underpasses, grocery stores, shopping centers, etc. They double as bomb shelters in case of war. They randomly have drills where the stores have to be able to move all of their inventory out of the way quickly enough to make space for people to seek refuge in case of emergency.

Frodo, sounds awesome!

The guy that bought the tractor from us came by with it today to police up the oak limbs and start burning some of them. He still owes half of his payment for the tractor but I didn't want to be a dick and ask about it just yet. I know he will pay when he can and he still wants to help us out with fixing things up around here. He's trying to figure out if any of the car port can be salvaged.

Meanwhile, Pizza Hut pulled a total dick move and canceled the medical/dental benefits of ALL hourly employees without even telling the employees. My brother found out when he went to the dentist and it kicked back as his insurance not being valid. A friend of mine who works in HR for another company said that it is illegal for them to cancel the benefits without notifying the employees first.

I had an appointment with my doctor yesterday. The soft tissue in my abdomen is still swollen up from the accident and I'm having muscle spasms. He prescribed some pain medication that is supposed to help. I can take it every 4 hours, but it only lasts 2 hours and it could make me drowsy. I haven't noticed since I was drowsy before taking it. LOL.

I've been having a lot of frustration with Hertz over the stupid keys for the vehicle that got totaled back on the 13th. They are basically claiming that I still have the vehicle and tried to charge my credit card for additional days of use. I went to my insurance company and they called Hertz and were told that they want the keys back-- but the keys were taken from me by the towing company and put in the vehicle when it was first towed. They should be in the remains of the vehicle and they didn't tell me until after the vehicle was removed from the tow company's impound that they wanted the keys brought in to their office. It's an asinine system and I didn't get the remainder of my deposit back for the rental. I'm not litigious, but we may have to get a lawyer involved if they don't get their act together. I've told them repeatedly that the keys were in the vehicle. My insurance agent said it is Hertz's responsibility to get their keys out of the vehicle and that I shouldn't be charged for days I didn't have the vehicle because they couldn't arrange to get their vehicle and keys back sooner. If I had caused the accident it would be one thing. I had the police report faxed to them to show that the vehicle was totaled and on what date (and to prove that I was not at fault). I was on hold for over 10 minutes yesterday before I could speak with someone to tell them the claim # from roadside assistance when I called to get their vehicle towed back to them. I told them the name of the towing company as well as the phone number and address. I've given them this information multiple times before.

At least the new truck has the heated seats and the heating in the back portion has helped to soothe my back.

Sometime in the next week I'm going to help some friends get their trailer ready so they can move in. The wall panels around the tub/shower are falling off and messed up, so I'm going to take them to the store to look at replacement options and help them install. I gave them some remnants of the vinyl sheet from my bathroom and it should fit in there-- the trailer's bathroom is larger than the bathroom in the house they are currently renting. I already helped to clean up a little in there-- although I'm not moving well so I was limited to sweeping the floor and driving them around.

Mr_David, you posted while I was typing this up. Great job! Looks pretty messy, but it looks much nicer now.

Mr_David, you posted while I was typing this up. Great job! Looks pretty messy, but it looks much nicer now.

Thanks
I 'm glad no one got hurt with that tree falling. We had some record winds last weekend and a lot of trees got blow over. Some on the famous Torrey Pines Golf coarse during the Farmers open. One young woman got crushed in her car when an 8ft diameter tree fell over

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/jan/31/falling-tree-kills-person-in-car/

2451562_sd_me_storm_sunday_gasx014_t1200x620.jpg

Mr_David, Yikes! That poor woman! I hope it was a quick and painless death.

Frodo, that sounds like a good recipe! I like the dinty moore stuff.

I think I may finally have heard the last from Hertz. I e-mailed, tweeted, and called them to complain about them harassing me over a car I no longer had. Turns out, the idiots somehow thought that I had rented a second vehicle from them and not returned it. That just added insult to injury because those idiots wouldn't let me rent another vehicle from them. I did get them to say they will give me my deposit back and only charge for the days I actually had the vehicle (so up to the 13th) and no more. I asked them to get that to me in writing but I haven't received anything in text yet. They said I wouldn't receive any more calls. I got one more call after that to confirm some of the details and haven't heard from them since.

Meanwhile, the jackass from the other driver's insurance called to ask about my medical bills. He said I needed to hurry up and get the info to him. I said that I had paid out of pocket for stuff and would find a way to fwd the bills so I could be reimbursed. I told him the doctor said it could take up to 8 weeks to recover and he told me I had to have all of the info to him by the end of this month so he could close the claim. I told him I would let him close it up when I was fully recovered.

In happier news, my brother's birthday was yesterday and we went out for a nice dinner and had cake and hung out with friends.

Last edited:
You probably need to call a lawyer. Trust me when I say that they will try and cheat you somehow.

The only thing I hate more than Lawyers is Claims adjusters. Their sole job is to pay out as little as possible and as quick as possible.

Don't forget to keep track of all your mileage, out of pocket and money not earned. >57 cents a mile adds up running from doctor to doctor.

I grouted my wood plank baseboard in the garage. I then went to the heart doc and he installed a blood pressure cuff that checks my BP every 1/2 hour for 24 hours. It sucks getting old.

Do you rent the steel plates? If so, how many jobs would it take to make it profitable just to purchase? Also, just being curious, what do those steel plates cost each?

I rent. I use a few different sizes and types. 5x8 and 6x10 are the common and in smooth and non skid. A 6x10 weighs about 2200 pounds. They cost from 3-5 bucks a day rental each and 95 an hour delivery port to port. This job will cost me about 1500 for the rental and delivery. I can buy one plate for about 2500. Then I have to get a crane truck for moving them around

I rent. I use a few different sizes and types. 5x8 and 6x10 are the common and in smooth and non skid. A 6x10 weighs about 2200 pounds. They cost from 3-5 bucks a day rental each and 95 an hour delivery port to port. This job will cost me about 1500 for the rental and delivery. I can buy one plate for about 2500. Then I have to get a crane truck for moving them around

around here they weld a chain loop , pick them up and place them using the track hoe bucket.

why weld the chain ?,,so you can drive over it, a shackle can bust a tire

Back