If you work for yourself is creating the quote an annoying job?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve1970

Reaction score
Hi everyone

At the end of last year I had some work done in my bathroom, tiling and plumbing. It took a while to get the quotes in and it occurred to me creating the quote might be a tedious part of being self employed? Over Christmas I thought it would be good if a quote for a job could be quickly created using a smartphone or simple web site and sent to the customer electronically.

Basically you'd enter your business details once into the app and choose a layout for your quotations. Then you’d visit the customer, discuss the work etc. Maybe give them a rough idea of the price. Back in your vehicle you’d enter some basic details about the customer, a brief description of work and amount etc and the customer would get a pdf sent to them. The idea being if you had a few quotes to get out you could do it during an ad break or while waiting for takeaway etc. I think it would only take about 2-3 minutes to create and send a simple quote like this.

If anyone thinks this would be useful please let me know in the thread below or by a private forum message. I do a little programming in my job and I'd like to have a go at creating such a system but only if it would be useful.

Thanks
Steve

Latest posts

Back