What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somehow there was a messup-- either by the doctor's office or the pharmacy and they got her insulin wrong. My mother actually wanted to go into town again (she NEVER goes into town two days in a row-- first time this year she's done that and I think she's only left the house about 3 times this year so far).

We went to the Chinese buffet place and ate. I noticed she was forgetting her cane and walking just fine without it, but when she realized she forgot it she asked me to go get it.

And then there was the hilarious moment where she walked into the living room and chipper and fine, noticed I had some chocolate pie. Sat down, and suddenly claimed she had low blood sugar and put her head back and started breathing loudly. (In the past she's been perfectly fine when she doesn't know anyone is looking and when she realizes someone is looking she will suddenly throw her head back and feign low blood sugar). She just sat there and made noises while I grew more amused because I could tell she was faking it and was waiting for her to just ask me to get her some pie. Then she looked at me and was like "what's so funny?" and I said I was imagining putting pie in her face. I gave her a few spoonfuls and then went to get her a slice of her own (since I called dibs on the one I already put on my plate). I don't know why she just didn't say "I'd like a piece of pie, will you get me one please" or something along those lines. For some reason she seems to think she has to justify it by claiming low blood sugar.
I've seen her when she has low blood sugar so I can generally tell the difference between real and faking (although I err on the side of caution and just get her stuff when she fakes it).

Meanwhile, I'm browsing on amazon for faucet mounted water filters that will fit my bathroom faucet so Captain Fluffy will stop casting aspersions upon me when her bowl fills with murky water from the tap.

Somehow there was a messup-- either by the doctor's office or the pharmacy and they got her insulin wrong. My mother actually wanted to go into town again (she NEVER goes into town two days in a row-- first time this year she's done that and I think she's only left the house about 3 times this year so far).

We went to the Chinese buffet place and ate. I noticed she was forgetting her cane and walking just fine without it, but when she realized she forgot it she asked me to go get it.

And then there was the hilarious moment where she walked into the living room and chipper and fine, noticed I had some chocolate pie. Sat down, and suddenly claimed she had low blood sugar and put her head back and started breathing loudly. (In the past she's been perfectly fine when she doesn't know anyone is looking and when she realizes someone is looking she will suddenly throw her head back and feign low blood sugar). She just sat there and made noises while I grew more amused because I could tell she was faking it and was waiting for her to just ask me to get her some pie. Then she looked at me and was like "what's so funny?" and I said I was imagining putting pie in her face. I gave her a few spoonfuls and then went to get her a slice of her own (since I called dibs on the one I already put on my plate). I don't know why she just didn't say "I'd like a piece of pie, will you get me one please" or something along those lines. For some reason she seems to think she has to justify it by claiming low blood sugar.
I've seen her when she has low blood sugar so I can generally tell the difference between real and faking (although I err on the side of caution and just get her stuff when she fakes it).

Meanwhile, I'm browsing on amazon for faucet mounted water filters that will fit my bathroom faucet so Captain Fluffy will stop casting aspersions upon me when her bowl fills with murky water from the tap.

LOL... i know one that needs her walker when someone is around.

we were visiting, she said she wanted to lay back in her easy boy chair.

hinting, she wanted some to pull the lever..bil told her quick.
"all you gotta do is pull that handle"

you could tell she was mad as hell she had to do it herself

LOL! Meanwhile, I knew people who would refuse to accept help even when they really needed it. My late friend, Cordell, was so stubborn. He could barely walk even with a cane and he was going to climb a ladder to get up on his roof to get something. I arrived one day and he had his riding mower up against the ladder to hold it steady and was about to go up (his wife had called and asked if we could please come over because he needed something done on the roof and she knew I cold do it-- and she wasn't one to ask for favors like that, but she was worried about him). I stopped him and said I could do it. There was a tree branch that was in the way a bit so I had to squirm around it while on the ladder. Got up and followed his instructions. When I came back down I told him that he would have had a hard time with it because he was too tall and the tree branch would have been in his way. I said I only made it through because I was short. I wanted him to feel it was not about being able-bodied, but about what was normally an asset throughout his life (the being tall thing). It seemed to make him feel better. And he certainly felt better about himself when I was trying to help him put his cabinet doors back on and I kept dropping the screws. He'd been dropping them too, so he said "Well, now I know its not just me!" and we had a good chuckle about it. Then he told his wife to get me some ice cream. :D

Today I'm feeling really bleh again. I'm hoping the results for my bloodwork will be in. I think I might have hypothyroid or something. No matter how much I sleep, I can't seem to feel fully rested. Meanwhile, I think I might need to change my dog's thyroid med dosage. She's losing weight and is constantly ravenous. She's been trying to fight with the other dogs over food and she gobbles up all of the food as if she's starving. I haven't changed the amount of food, but she's lost weight and I know the Soloxine was based on her weight. She's getting the dose she got at 60lbs. I give her two pills: a .1 and a .5. I'm thinking of trying just the .5 and see if it helps. But, of course, I'll talk to the vet first.

Just woke up to the sounds of blades cutting trees. I looked out and there was a large tractor outside my yard with a long piece on the front with a spinning blade on the end that can move up and down or extend out. He was chopping down small trees and branches right onto my fence and knocking them in to my yard. I went outside to see WTF was going on and saw another one in a tractor with a bushhog going around in my yard-- right on top of my field lines. I went up to talk to him and he was driving right on the field lines parallel instead of perpendicular-- which is the one thing the mfr of the field lines said people should NOT do. Then he stopped his vehicle right on top of the field lines with the tires over them to chat. I told him "You are on my field lines-- you can't drive on top of them like that." He said "Ok" and just sat there. I said "Your tires are sitting on my field lines right now. You need to move." He said "Ok" and just sat there. I then said "You need to move off of them NOW!" and he just sat there and didn't budge until his friend came up and told him to move. I swear, if he damaged my field lines, I will be seriously pissed off. I explained to his friend, who got off his tractor to talk to me and explain that they were clearing branches away from the powerlines, about the location and orientation of the field lines and he seemed to listen. The other dumbass though... Ugh... They better not leave the branches and stuff from the outside in my yard and/or on my fence. Wow, I sound cranky... I came so close to going out and shouting "Get off my lawn!" :p

Just woke up to the sounds of blades cutting trees. I looked out and there was a large tractor outside my yard with a long piece on the front with a spinning blade on the end that can move up and down or extend out. He was chopping down small trees and branches right onto my fence and knocking them in to my yard. I went outside to see WTF was going on and saw another one in a tractor with a bushhog going around in my yard-- right on top of my field lines. I went up to talk to him and he was driving right on the field lines parallel instead of perpendicular-- which is the one thing the mfr of the field lines said people should NOT do. Then he stopped his vehicle right on top of the field lines with the tires over them to chat. I told him "You are on my field lines-- you can't drive on top of them like that." He said "Ok" and just sat there. I said "Your tires are sitting on my field lines right now. You need to move." He said "Ok" and just sat there. I then said "You need to move off of them NOW!" and he just sat there and didn't budge until his friend came up and told him to move. I swear, if he damaged my field lines, I will be seriously pissed off. I explained to his friend, who got off his tractor to talk to me and explain that they were clearing branches away from the powerlines, about the location and orientation of the field lines and he seemed to listen. The other dumbass though... Ugh... They better not leave the branches and stuff from the outside in my yard and/or on my fence. Wow, I sound cranky... I came so close to going out and shouting "Get off my lawn!" :p

GRRRRR>>>>>GRRRRR get em!!!! was it a blue gum? LOL!!

what I do not understand. the power company, spends mega bucks,
fixing downed power lines out here..and, they pay sub contractors to poke along trimming trees. away from the power lines.

all the money the spend on fixing, ot, maintaince. they could go ahead and run the power under ground. be done with it.

we loose power every time the wind blows, and it rains.

takes them 4 or 5 hours, to get us back on line

my generator is on my porch..crank the old girl up and keep going

i use it to run the fridge/freezer and use oil lamps for light

GRRRRR>>>>>GRRRRR get em!!!! was it a blue gum? LOL!!

what I do not understand. the power company, spends mega bucks,
fixing downed power lines out here..and, they pay sub contractors to poke along trimming trees. away from the power lines.

all the money the spend on fixing, ot, maintaince. they could go ahead and run the power under ground. be done with it.

we loose power every time the wind blows, and it rains.

takes them 4 or 5 hours, to get us back on line

my generator is on my porch..crank the old girl up and keep going

i use it to run the fridge/freezer and use oil lamps for light

I would have to dig the field lines up to see if there was any damage. I wish I'd brought my phone out to record stuff. I was just so tired and surprised they were there. They did actually pick up the branches and stuff and took them out of the yard instead of leaving them. I asked about the branches on the little trees near the powerlines on my house and they said I would have to contact the power company about getting those trimmed.

Around here, I can understand why they don't do the digging-- it floods a lot and there are a ton of tree roots in the way-- but that didn't stop the phone company from putting some lines underground. Of course, maybe they are worried some idiot will dig and get electrocuted....

Meanwhile, the vet said I could reduce my dog's medication but my rottweiler got bitten on the face by a snake. Poor thing. I didn't get a pic, but her face was so swollen. It's back to normal now. I have to give her meds twice per day. The stupid red dog tries to get in the way and tries to steal it. I think the russel terrier is jealous because she doesn't get anything.

Also, I don't know if I mentioned, but awhile back I felt really sick one night for no apparent reason-- shivers, fever, and generally feeling like crap. I'd eaten bluebelle ice cream.... Looks like I might've had some contaminated with listeria. Kinda bummed that they pulled ALL of it off the shelves though. There only seemed to be contamination at one or two factories.

I had a crazy work week. Sorry I haven't been around to grace you all with my charm. I'm just watching the hockey game and winding down after a crazy weekend on call, which seemed to be all about fishing odd stuff out of drainage.

Object number one was the backside of a butterfly plug that was being used as a clean out. The homeowner unthreaded it too far and ooopsie...down the drain. No big deal, it will just go down the drain, right? WRONG. Come to find out...someone reduced the building drain from 4" to 3" underneath the footing. So the piece was blocking at the reducing coupling. It took almost 3 hours to retrieve.

I used a flat rod and pushed to the inside and pushed the plug up the drain back to the clean out, where the local excavator guy managed to grab with a little pinchy tool he had, with the aid of my See Snake.

Object 2 was another plumbers cable snake that broke off 25' down an 1 1/2" kitchen sink drain. He said there was nothing he could do, so he left :confused: So me and one of the apprentices went and exposed the pipe, cut it, took out the cable, cleared the clog and went on our way. I like pushing buttons so I dropped the cable off at the company's office with our business card attached to it. That should get him going first thing Monday morning :D I like to push buttons

Aside from that, we replaced 4 well pumps, fixed a few leaks and an effluent pump. Time to relax this evening and do it all again tomorrow!

I had a crazy work week. Sorry I haven't been around to grace you all with my charm. I'm just watching the hockey game and winding down after a crazy weekend on call, which seemed to be all about fishing odd stuff out of drainage.

Object number one was the backside of a butterfly plug that was being used as a clean out. The homeowner unthreaded it too far and ooopsie...down the drain. No big deal, it will just go down the drain, right? WRONG. Come to find out...someone reduced the building drain from 4" to 3" underneath the footing. So the piece was blocking at the reducing coupling. It took almost 3 hours to retrieve.

I used a flat rod and pushed to the inside and pushed the plug up the drain back to the clean out, where the local excavator guy managed to grab with a little pinchy tool he had, with the aid of my See Snake.

Object 2 was another plumbers cable snake that broke off 25' down an 1 1/2" kitchen sink drain. He said there was nothing he could do, so he left :confused: So me and one of the apprentices went and exposed the pipe, cut it, took out the cable, cleared the clog and went on our way. I like pushing buttons so I dropped the cable off at the company's office with our business card attached to it. That should get him going first thing Monday morning :D I like to push buttons

Aside from that, we replaced 4 well pumps, fixed a few leaks and an effluent pump. Time to relax this evening and do it all again tomorrow!

LOL>>LEFT it at his office!!LOL

218735.gif

LOL! I hope that plumber has to pay whatever it cost for you to fix his mistake.

I'm up early because I have to take my friend to his doctor's appointment. I know if I sleep, I might sleep through my alarm. His girlfriend asked me if I wanted her to call me to make sure I woke up. I emphatically said know. That witch once called me an hour before I needed to be awake. It was the only time I ever chewed her out for something. I have an alarm clock and it takes me maybe 5 minutes to get ready and get out the door. I told her to never call me unless I was already late.

I had a sort of funny experience with some idiots on Facebook this weekend. The local animal "shelter" (which is basically just a dog pound) was talking about the dogs that are up to be killed if they don't get adopted. Now, previously, the guy who runs the place had told me more than once that it was a No Kill shelter. So I brought that up-- asking if they were really no kill or if they weren't and were just claiming to be. Turns out that multiple people run the FB page. The first one said that it must be some misunderstanding and that it wasn't no kill. We had a good conversation and then said goodnight. The next person sent me a nasty PM calling me all sorts of names and accused me of being "part of the problem" and also publicly posted an insulting message about me (naming me but not tagging me) on the pound's FB page. When I tried to reply, I found out that she had blocked me. LOL. Then I got a message from the individual who lied to me in the first place and he made up some BS excuse, but never apologized. He also didn't unblock me so I couldn't reply to him. (He's the same guy I once overheard griping that he's not allowed to shoot the dogs anymore and that he's actually expected to get them veterinary treatment).
The person who banned me, also sent PMs to another person and threatened to go pick up her dogs even with collars and then charge her $ to get them back. The person keeps her dogs on chains in a fenced in yard. Ah, drama. That is actually the first time I've had drama on Facebook. It was pretty retarded, and left me shaking my head at how people can flip out over nothing. I don't know what the one chick expected me to say.

Anyway, I think I'll stop by IHOP for some loaded potato soup later.

Took my friend to the doctor yesterday and got to have my loaded potato soup afterward. We had to do some back and forth because his wife needed a doctor's note to show to her employer. She's his primary caregiver-- but her boss was being a total witch about it. She called the employer to tell her things were taking longer and the employer started shouting at her over the phone. She put it on speakerphone so I could hear the yelling. She was saying she would want a doctor's note (after one had already been procured) so the girl said she had one and the witch paused briefly and then shouted that she would want to call the doctor's office to confirm, and then shrieked about how she couldn't be out on Mondays ever again or something and then hung up. So my friend looked up the FMLA and found the relevant text that they will print out to show the witch. I even offered to personally go in there to explain that the wife's presence on the trip was necessary and that there were some delays due to the storms (power went out at the facility and shut the systems down).
I got to see my friend's x-rays. Man, it was worse than I'd heard. So, he broke parts in his upper arm which then had a metal plate and bunch of screws, broke bones in his forearm, broke his wrist and several parts in his hand-- which still has metal pins sticking out of the skin. Because his appointment had been delayed by a week, the skin grew over the stitches so they had to cut the skin to get some of them out. He's dreading when they go to pull the pins out. They said he needed a special "cock up wrist brace" and when he went to get one fitted they said it was $280, but then there turned out to be another one that was only $70 that fit better and was more supportive. So he got that one instead.
And this morning we got another call from the scammers claiming to be from Microsoft, so my brother recorded the trolling this time (its legal to record in this state so long as one party consents to the recording).

And now my cats are vying for my attention.

I love home made potato soup.

when I crashed a company van...the boss had a actual hangmans noose

throwed over the rafter and a chair under it...

I attended a long range class today.

I am being taught to shoot bull eyes at 1000 yards

today, at 100 yards. ,I bullseye...dead centered the target first shot

the on the next group of 5 shots I only punched 3 holes...

in the spread a 50 cent piece will cover..2 of the holes i shot twice

for a total 5 shot group in 3 holes

I decided to sell my crap at a yard sale today. I made $700, and still have 12 boxes of crap to donate to Goodwill.

View attachment 8332i just did this to my company van . I feel like such a dumbass . Can't wait to see what the boss might say on Monday .

For years I had a regular van, nothin fancy. Then all of a sudden I'm given a van with an extension ladder and ladder rack. Well.....not even half a day with the brand new van and I went to pull into the underground parking of a building, and well let's say my van didn't have a ladder rack anymore.

I kept my job though, you may get chewed out a bit but don't worry too much about it

I went to our local Mexican restaurant and asked the manager if he was going to televise the big boxing fight tonight. He said he inquired purchasing the fight but they wanted $4,500 to show it at his restaurant, and was too expensive. Can you believe $4,500?

I've heard $15,500 for places that can fit 150-500 people. 100k fine if they don't purchase the proper license. Not allowed to just ppv it like the rest of us because their cable must be different than ours.

Latest posts

Back