New Tub Spout Spatters

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackTrades

Reaction score
The diverter in my old spout is frozen so I decided to replace the Tub spout. Pretty easy job, right? Tub has a 2-3/4" nipple from the wall. Didn't notice the set screw and slightly scored the outside of the pipe but sanded it down smooth.

Bought a new slip on tub spout and installed easily. No leaks, diverter works fine.

The problem is the water coming out of the spout to the tub spatters all over the place instead of being in a fairly nice uniform stream to the tub.

Figured I had a bad spout, so removed and returned it and got a new spout.

Same issue.

So removed and returned that a bought a different model spout. Same issue. No leaks, diverter works fine, but when set to run to the tub through the spout, it looks like a ghetto Motel 6 tub with the bad sputtering stream.

Any ideas on the cause of this. The OLD spout, which for all the world looks very close to the first model, did not do this.

The stuff they make these days lacks in quality.

" They just don't make them like they used too. "

The stuff they make these days lacks in quality.

" They just don't make them like they used too. "

Someone must make a quality spout that doesn't produce a stream like a man who urgently needs to get his prostate checked. Any suggestions?

I use the Moen Diverter spout with IPS connection on a Brass nipples. We don't like using the slip on type spouts. if you have copper coming out of wall I check to see if it has a male copper adapter soldered on and screwed into the wall fitting. I use a faucet socket to remove it

tools.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back