What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also heard the waiting for med treatment can kill a guy. Good luck with the surgery. I'll keep ya company when you are ready for the web sites.

Matt, I hope you get to have your surgery soon and that it goes smoothly.

I'm back to feeling bleh again. My limbs feel heavy and I can't seem to feel rested. I'll be seeing the doctor in a little over a week though. I'm trying to work up the nerve to get a blood test done, but I absolutely hate needles. I had some bad experiences and the waiting part drives me crazy. I get more anxious each time.

I think deep inside, we all hate needles Zanne. Problem is, not knowing what is happening inside your body is also a killer. Get 'er done girl, you'll be fine!

I think deep inside, we all hate needles Zanne. Problem is, not knowing what is happening inside your body is also a killer. Get 'er done girl, you'll be fine!

Yeah. It's not so bad once its over. Usually, at least. One of the last times they hit a nerve and I had intense pain radiating from my shoulder down to my fingertips for a week. Another time my blood shot out and hit the doctor in the face (which was actually kind of funny). Just thinking about it makes my arms hurt.

But I know I need to get it done. Just hope my arrhythmia doesn't act up too much when I go to have it done. I'm going to try to think happy thoughts and distract myself. I miss the nurse at the Embassy doctor's office in Singapore. Anytime I was getting blood drawn or getting a shot, she would talk to me and pat my arm to distract from the sensation of the needle in the other arm. And the weird thing is, while I never liked needles, I didn't used to have as much anxiety about it as I do now. It got worse over the years. Its something I need to work on.

My daughter is the same way. This fear ended when she had her baby. Now, it's like, "come and get it!"

Well, since I can't have kids that particular solution won't work for me. LOL.

Meanwhile, got a FedEx delivery and discovered after the guy left that the bottom box had been opened and something had been stolen out of it. He made sure to put that one on the bottom so I wouldn't notice and I had my hands full. *sigh* It wasn't a big deal and my mother already called the company and said that one of the items was not in the box.

Zanne..i am a tad claustrophobic...not bad..just get anxious. My dr wanted an MRi...so I told him, they gave me a couple of pills
I did not give a damn!!!!!!!!!!!! giggled the whole time!!!
tell your dc...he'll hook you up

sorry to hear about your package...my ups guy is super great...hate the fedex guy...he is an ass...ran over my trash can..

Best of Luck to you Matt. Hope everything turns out good.

My social skills suck sometimes. Here I can type something, think about it and delete if before I post it.

Zanne ?? He 's a she? I mean, She's not a he?
Does it really matter? Not really.
The type in the posts are black on white regardless of gender unless you play with the font and back ground colors.

Make the boys pink and the girls blue.

changed out a closet flange on Friday.
It was previously installed with the hub originally glued on to the street 90 with only 1/2" fitting contact in the hub.
I popped off the flanged hub. Trimmed the fitting down 1/2". glued a 4" ABS coupling onto the fitting.
Then glued a 4"street closet flange into the coupling.
Then I poured some fast set Rockite cement to fill the void.

An after thought, It would have been easier to fill the void before I set the flange.

026.jpg

027.jpg

036.jpg

038.jpg

042.jpg

049.jpg

Last edited:
Frodo, my mother couldn't stand the MRI machine either. They put some sort of cage around her face and she freaked out. They gave her sedatives but they didn't work because she has a high resistance. The technician later gave her a tip that if she looked down, she could see out of the cage thing and wouldn't feel so trapped. I was never in a tight MRI-- just a circle thing on an open table so I don't know how I'd feel inside a tomb-like one.

Matt, I get that a lot. I played a male character in an MMORPG-- my sister described it as "putting on a man suit" and saw how differently I was treated than when I played a female character. Now its not as big of a deal because a lot of men play female characters. I'm a total tomboy and am not big on "girlie" stuff. Except that I like to look at pictures of shiny things. :D
On a side note, if it makes you feel any better, one of my online friends of 5 years thought that I was male until one day my brother said "sister" when referring to me.

I'm glad it would be blue for girls-- I'm not a big fan of pink.

Mr_David, looks like that was a mess, but I'm glad you got it all fixed up!

My day consisted of cooking for my mother and having a little snafu with the water pump. The water shutoff and I went out to see why. Circuit breaker was on. I flipped it on and off just in case. I have a bit of a strange setup.
At the front of the wellhouse there is an expensive pump with two pulley-wheels and a belt. That hooks to some metal pipes and it brings the water up into a holding tank to the right. It's power is run through a float valve on top of the tank that sometimes used to get stuck and I would have to tap it to make the wheel pump stop. Anyway, behind the tank is a Gould jet pump that pushes the water into a pressure tank and then the water gets sent to the waterlines out to the house, barn, and yard.

Pulley-wheel pump (can't even find pictures with google image search, so here is a crappy photo of mine)-- ok, found an old thread and I think its an "air compressor pump"
tumblr_mkbv9oKyrI1qkwd9ao1_500.jpg

Here is how it attaches to the holding tank (there is now a cover on the lever part that has the wires)
tumblr_mkbv54UIAV1qkwd9ao1_500.jpg

Don't have photos uploaded of the rest. To make a long story shorter, the wire linking the float valve to the wheeled pump was fried. So the tank was empty but the jet pump was trying to run. Had my service guy replace the wire. Water worked fine for a few hours. Then my brother got home and asked about the water. I went out to check and wheel pump was going crazy. I got closer and heard water splashing and saw that the float thing was pushed all the way up. Water was overflowing from the holding tank and the jet pump was not running. I wasn't about to step in there with live wires and water splashing all around. So I flipped the circuit breaker for it and called the serviceman. He'll be coming back tomorrow. I had mentioned to him that I thought the float might need to be replaced. I hope that the jet pump isn't fried. Maybe it shut itself off for safety reasons because of the splashing? Ugh.. Gonna have to go out in the dark and fill some buckets with rainwater to pass to my brother tonight so we can flush the toilet until then.

really hoping that jet pump is ok though. Just had it replaced a few years ago.

changed out a closet flange on Friday.
It was previously installed with the hub originally glued on to the street 90 with only 1/2" fitting contact in the hub.
I popped off the flanged hub. Trimmed the fitting down 1/2". glued a 4" ABS coupling onto the fitting.
Then glued a 4"street closet flange into the coupling.
Then I poured some fast set Rockite cement to fill the void.

An after thought, It would have been easier to fill the void before I set the flange.

LOL..i thought i was the only one that figured out 3'' fitting fits in 4'' pipe

that opens up a whole new world in flange setting LOL

couplings are reducers....LOL

just a big old lego set.

i dont like pink either Zanne,,,its ugly
reminds me of peptobismol yuck!!!

I had a helper one time that was a girl. Rene, she ran the prettiest copper pipe you ever saw...she was good.

I remember when my elderly friend didn't think that I could get up on the roof and clean leaves off. He actually got a chair to sit and watch me because he was stunned. Later on he very reluctantly asked me to go on the roof and cover something with a plastic bag-- he was about to climb the ladder and try to get up there himself and the man used a cane and couldn't walk across level ground without stumbling. I intervened so he had me go up the ladder instead.

If I was doing copper it would probably end up ugly because I'm not the most coordinated person. Somehow still managed to get pvc glue on my hands when I fixed an outside line. lol.

I remember when my elderly friend didn't think that I could get up on the roof and clean leaves off. He actually got a chair to sit and watch me because he was stunned. Later on he very reluctantly asked me to go on the roof and cover something with a plastic bag-- he was about to climb the ladder and try to get up there himself and the man used a cane and couldn't walk across level ground without stumbling. I intervened so he had me go up the ladder instead.

If I was doing copper it would probably end up ugly because I'm not the most coordinated person. Somehow still managed to get pvc glue on my hands when I fixed an outside line. lol.

heres a tip,,,wear brown jersey gloves...the kind that cost $1.00 pair
get glue on them on purpose. they last longer

heres a tip,,,wear brown jersey gloves...the kind that cost $1.00 pair
get glue on them on purpose. they last longer

Hmm.. I don't think I've ever even seen those for sale. Fortunately I got the glue off easily. I'm not squeamish about getting my hands dirty.

and man.. stupid thunderstorm. I was about to go out to fill a bucket with water so I could flush the toilet, but right after I put my shoes on, the rain just started pouring-- accompanied by lightning and thunder.. I will have to see about strategically placing a bucket to catch the water.

LOL..i thought i was the only one that figured out 3'' fitting fits in 4'' pipe

that opens up a whole new world in flange setting LOL

couplings are reducers....LOL

just a big old lego set.

This one was a 4" street/spigot flange into a 4" coupling. But yes I use a 4 X 3 to glue inside a 4"pipe or the inside of a 4" street closet bend ( same size as a 4" pipe. But it's not a tight fit so you have to what longer to set the bowl or anchor it

Thanks, Mr_David! I think I have seen those, but I just didn't know what they were called. I wonder if they sell them at the local Dollar Tree...

On a side note, its a good thing that I replaced the faucet at the back door a couple weeks back, because we used it to test the water when the guy came out to fix the pump. Fortunately, the jet pump was fine and it only shut off as a safety measure-- something to do with the pressure. Apparently something wasn't right with the wires so the other pump wasn't getting the message to shut off. Even though it was working when he left yesterday, the guy didn't charge me to come back (which is unusual around these parts).

Back