Please help, shower leaking under toilet have tried everything!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinnz03

Reaction score
I am in need of some advice, first it started with a slow drain in my shower, then water comes under the toilet when showering, we have snaked out the main drain line, nothing major came out, (lots of crud) the only thing backed up in my house is the bathroom! So we thought we had it fixed, then when flushing the toilet the clean water (its all clean nothing nasty that leaks) that fills the tank comes out on the floor:
Replaced wax ring, snaked toilet, snaked and flushed out the pipe that leads to the tub, it worked great thru 7 showers, then the water again coming out from under the tub. I am at a loss for what the issue could be now? I have ripped the wall out of my kitchen to gain access to the shower we snaked it shot water thru the pipe and thats when it seemed to work only to mess up again, we have an older house. HELP! :confused:

When you say that "then the water again coming out from under the tub" do you mean that the tub is backing up again? If so, the line may need to be cleared more thoroughly. How far did you go with the snake and what size snake did you use?

It sounds as though you have something in the pipe that is collecting debris and causing repeated clogs. It is also possible, particularly if you have cast iron pipe, that the pipe is rotted through and dirt is getting in and causing your problem.

Latest posts

Back