outdoor spigot leaking

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeels

Reaction score
Hi and please excuse my amateur post here

This is leaking from the spigot area, not the handle.

However, I would like to replace all internals as I'm sure the handle area will be leaking next.

I have removed the top nut, near the handle, yet I'm confused how to proceed...should all the interals pull out after the nut is unscrewed? I cant seem to get anything to pull out once the nut is unscrewed.

Confused and frustrated. I appreciate any advice you may have.

IMAG0614.jpg

Is there a shut off valve on the other side of that wall? Or one that you know of that leads to the hose bib? If you can shut the water off to it, I'd just replace the whole thing. It should just unthread if you are able to free it from the coating on that wall.

Is there a shut off valve on the other side of that wall? Or one that you know of that leads to the hose bib? If you can shut the water off to it, I'd just replace the whole thing. It should just unthread if you are able to free it from the coating on that wall.

I wouldn't count on that there is a good chance that it's soldered. Trying to unscrew the hose bib could twist the copper off.

Good point. I just wonder what it looks like on the other side...

I wouldn't count on that there is a good chance that it's soldered. Trying to unscrew the hose bib could twist the copper off.

No it's not soldered. There is a screw at 9 O'clock on the flange. It should unscrew if you remove the screw first.

images8PZTRBJ4.jpg

Back