Replace Moen shower handle with Kohler

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrchad

Reaction score
Is it possible to replace a Moen shower handle with a Kohler model without replacing the entire valve unit? The valve stems are different and curious if there is an adapter of sorts.

Thanks

Maybe some of the service guys will have seen something I haven't, but I am not aware of any adaptors to interchange handles between brands.

Thanks phishfood, how difficult is a valve unit replacement or is the suggestion typically to stick with Moen faucets in this case?

It would be a rather involved process. The wall behind the valve would have to be cut out to allow access to the valve, the water turned off, the old valve cut ot, the new valve attached to the piping, support framing installed to anchor the valve to, test the installation, and repair the wall. Repairing the wall is a 3+ step process itself.

A good plumber could probably do the job in a few hours, then a drywall repair guy for the patch work, then painting.

Unless the different handle is very important, I would stick with the Moen valve.

Latest posts

Back