What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut one of mine down to the ground in the winter and it grew about six feet that spring.

For some reason I haven't been getting updates on this thread.
Chris, sorry about the celiac's. Low carb diets can cause you to lose a lot of weight, but at the same time it can cause things to be consumed in the body and release chemicals that can make you sick. I forget what it was called-- my nurse friend said something like ketones... not sure.. But I know it made my father a bit sickly. I think my sister tried gluten free for awhile when she was trying to figure out what was causing her allergies to flare up.

Is http://www.glutenfreehomebrewing.org/findrecipe.php any help on the beer brewing?

morebeer.com apparently has some gluten free brewing kits. I don't know enough about brewing to know if its stuff you could find / develop on your own.

My housemate just moved out today to move in with his brother. He took the little kitten with him. He said she can be an outside cat now-- I hope she survives. I don't think he's going to get her spayed, but I hope he at least gets her vaccinated and makes sure to keep her eyes clean.

I was bringing my desktop home after having it updated and it fell out of the car when the housemate opened the back hatch (my brother had just crammed it in without caring if it was stable). Parts went flying. When I went to hook it up to see if it was working, I discovered that my brother stole my monitor. He has two monitors hooked up to his computer and I don't have any. I was trying to say something to him about it a few minutes ago but he slammed the door in my face and then locked it. He might change his tune when he realizes that I'm the one who buys his food for him and I'm not going to buy him any of his sodas or milk until I get my monitor back.

Meanwhile, I measured the area I need to pour self-leveling flooring in my bathroom. It's a 5' x 2' area so about 10sqft. Gonna be fun figuring how much of the stuff from the 50lb bag is needed for that small area.

Last night I went over to a friend's house to try to help him save his puppy. The vet was closed and they have a bad track record for treating Parvo. Poor little pup. He was hanging in there for awhile, but when my friend went outside to work on a fence, his useless girlfriend wasn't watching her 5-year-old son and the brat grabbed the puppy by the ears and dragged him across the house. He went downhill from there. I went over and we were all gathered around comforting him. I was spoonfeeding him warm sugar water and he was trying to stay up, but he just couldn't pull through. Poor baby.

I went home and after a shower and clothing change I hugged my dogs.

I had typed up a long reply but Captain Fluffy saw fit to jump on my keyboard and erase it...

I'm sorry about your dog, Matt. Diseases like that are the worst. It's always hard to lose our beloved pets.

Hardest thing ever. I bonded with my boy stronger then I bond with any humans. I've had pets before, and yea losing them sucks. But he was special.

I could talk about him for hours, only 7 years old but I got a lifetime of stories. I miss him everyday. Thanks for letting me vent a bit. Sorry for derailing the thread.

Hardest thing ever. I bonded with my boy stronger then I bond with any humans. I've had pets before, and yea losing them sucks. But he was special.

I could talk about him for hours, only 7 years old but I got a lifetime of stories. I miss him everyday. Thanks for letting me vent a bit. Sorry for derailing the thread.
Dude, I still miss Katie. And I still have vivid dreams of finding Oso, or Oso coming home. Bella is a wonderful friend, we have so much fun together, but each one has carved their own spot that no other can fill.

You can derail the thread all you want to tell us about your dog.

Like I said, a life time of stories. We had a special bond.

He was such a loveable prick. His biggest thing was socks. For some reason he loved destroying my socks, and only mine. I had to buy a new 20 pack a month because he had them all stretched and full of holes. If not stretching them, he hid them around the house and brought them to me to get treats haha. I'd give him a treat for one....and then he would go get the other sock for another treat. Smart little bugger, I miss him.

I added a photo. He was adorable. Talking about him brings a smile to my face but a tear to my eye. Thanks for letting me share a small portion if his awesomeness. He would of made anyone here laugh.

I have no idea why the pic is upside down. Still making me laugh.

dog.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Since my divorce 3 years, I've shared custody with my little sh!ts. Yeah, they are only pound puppies, found at a local kennel, but mean the world to me. I actually came home early from Lake Havasu yesterday in order to pick them up for my week long visitation. They have just been fed and about to take them for a walk in a few minutes.

1320968871245.jpg

1321749129894.jpg

IMG_20120314_130635.jpg

Today I took the boat out for the last time on this lake this season. Having it acid washed in the morning. Hunting season starts next Saturday so there won't be time.

The boat acid washed? WTH?

I had an killer offer for my Warlock. One of our security guards fell in love with it. Yeah, about 1/2 from what I paid for it 13 years ago, but still a great offer. I really don't want to sell her, because she has been very good to me. On the other hand, it would clear out 30' of boat from my garage, allowing me to have a garage again. Decisions....decisions...

Havasu pics (5).jpg

My boat has been in the water since June and is quite green now. They lift it out with a hoist and use an acid water mixture to clean the hull then set it on the trailer.

I plan on taking it to Havasu on the weekend of the 20th to check out the area.

Wife and I spent last Friday@ the Glen Ivy Hot Springs.

Then drove up to Riverside and stayed the night at the Mission Inn. That was pretty cool.
Our room at the top above the Chapel.

Mission Inn 029 (800x600).jpg

Mission Inn 003 (800x600).jpg

Glen Ivy? Isn't that the infamous nudist colony? :eek:

The Mission Inn is really a nice place. Did you by chance get to eat at Duane's Steak House, which is on the property? Really outstanding food!

Duane's Steak House.jpg

And Dave didn't even stop by to say hi.

Pretty sure glen ivy is the nudist one or it's the day spa and glen edan is the nudist place. Heck I'm nude at both.

Off present topic.
What did I do today?
Accepted call in on holiday for emergency. Punched in. Reset Ansul system, relit appliances, snaked drain at gym, got paid 4 hours OT for two hous of work.
Opened beers and grillin' time to spare.
Giggitty giggity goo, all right.

Woke up at 2:20 AM. Sat around pissed off because I couldn't sleep.

Left at 6:30, went out and backfilled about 2 yards of dirt I have dug out doing a repair.

Got back at 8:30, ate a good breakfast that my dear wife made for me.

Went back out, messed with a chlorination system. Changed 3 basket strainers and repiped the indirect waste for a 3 compartment sink. Changed a lavatory. Repiped part of the drainage for that lavatory. Pulled a toilet to find that the steel offset closet flange was rusted away. Of course, this flange is glued around 3" pipe, on a slab.

Latest posts

Back