Line replacement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hornnumb2

Reaction score
I have slowing been working through my home taking out the old galvanized and going back with copper. The attic is mostly done and the drops to water heater and washing machine are done. Now I am at the fun part inside the walls. Is there a easier way or a different product that I can mix with the copper to pull into the trouble spots. I don't mind making some holes just don't want to strip the whole wall. Thanks Michael

PEX is a great product. Flexible and versatile you can easily "fish" it through with minimal wall damage.

The downside is the crimper is about $100. I personally prefer the stainless crimp rings because you can use the same tool for 1/2" - 1" pipe. Zurn offers a 25 year warranty on their PEX system.

Also make sure you use poly fittings and not brass. There have been issues with hard water clogging up the brass PEX fittings.

Yes, PEX is the way to go. I also have it, but just a word of warning, many cities still do not allow PEX, so make sure it is OK to use it where you live.

Latest posts

Back