Bought a new laptop

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
So yesterday the other half was looking at tablets (For what I don't know but I assume the Jones down the street have one) and I was glancing at laptops since mine is on it's last leg and I run my business off of it. Mine the plastic outer case is broken and I have it taped together but otherwise I love this thing. I usually buy the cheaper ones because they do everything I need.

So I picked up an Asus thing with no DVD Drive and windows 8, I have since realized I am old fashioned and hate new stuff and change, using this new PC is like using a phone. I am trying to like it but for now it can sit with my new Iphone in the "I don't like new technology box"

Let me know what you think of Windows 8. I hear 60% of the customers don't like it.

My wife was also in the market for a new desktop. She didn't want windows 8. To avoid windows we had to buy a reconditioned desktop with windows 7. All the new ones had windows 8. She is very happy with her new system which in turn make my life easier. For my needs I use a Samsung chromebook.

I've tried windows 8. Move back to 7. It's superior, at least till they get the bugs worked out.

I have had 7 for a few years now and love it, never had a problem. I here on 8 I can use the old theme and shut off all the extra popping up crap. I am on my old computer now because I like it more.

Careful, doing that will only prolong the transition and make it more difficult.

I do too, but that's mainly due to my going to bed early and eating soft foods. It's good for digestion.

Good deal! We are on the same page about most everything it seems.

Liquid!! Good to see you!!

Austin was just telling me the other day that I was going to have to start taking something called a "shower", said that the smell was running all of our members away, he specifically mentioned you.

See, Keith, those shower things are over rated and totally unnecessary.

Liquid!! Good to see you!!

Austin was just telling me the other day that I was going to have to start taking something called a "shower", said that the smell was running all of our members away, he specifically mentioned you.

See, Keith, those shower things are over rated and totally unnecessary.

Keith smells far worse than I. Trust me on that one.

Thanks Phish, good to be back and Finally caught up with the workload ( We are In the heart of the Alberta flooding... not quite as bad here as high river though )

:)

How bad is it? Any pics?

I saw Windows 8 on some computers in the store and I detest it. I am not a fan of the whole touchscreen style thing. It's annoying. And it sucks more when you don't have a touch screen. I prefer Windows 7. It is simpler and easier.

I went to run dxdiag on the Windows 8 machines as well as to just test a few things and they were slow as hell-- and they should not have been slow.

My laptop with Windows 7 is faster.

I'm one of the people who can be resistant to change in technology. I still have a radio/cd player/casette player from 1992. I had a 3.0 cu ft Montgomery Ward convection microwave for 22 years. I didn't get a cellphone until 2007 and it was a Razr V3xx. I didn't replace it until a couple of months ago. I waited for the S3 to drop in price.

I liked DOS, Windows NT, Windows 98, Windows XP and Windows 7. Detest Windows ME and Vista.

Sorry to hear about the flooding. It can really suck. I'm on high ground, but my road floods sometimes and I get stranded.

Latest posts

Back