Need help ID'ing shower valve roughin.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian21

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there was anyone out there who would be able to identify this shower valve rough in for me. I have contacted Delta, TOTO, Price Pfister, and Taymor. They all do not believe it is their rough in.

There is an UP stamp on the top enclosed by a circle and underneath there is a CHINA stamp enclosed by a circle/oval and a DOWN stamp enclosed by a circle/oval.

I have also attached a picture of the cartridge and what I believe is a scald guard (looks very similar to the DELTA RP-1991 CARTRIDGE). The pipe coming out of the wall has two cuts in the side for a cartridge/scald guard to fit into but the scald guard I have only has one thing on the side to fit in the cut.

I originally took off the escutcheon (which was a Taymor) because it wasn't working very well. I am not the original owner of my house and my house is only around 8-9 years old. After ordering the Taymor replacement I found it wouldn't fit in the rough in so I am starting to think the original owners replaced the trim set with something other than the original. Is there another explanation? I don't know.

Thank you,

Brian21

20140513_125148.jpg

20140515_105315.jpg

20140518_115554.jpg

20140518_115600.jpg

20140518_115609.jpg

Last edited:
It is a low quality fixture. Sold at WalMart and Sears under the brand name Estora.

Throw it out and replace the faucet with a reputable brand.

Thank you so much for your help. Really appreciate it.:)

You're welcome Brian. Good luck.

Hi everyone,

I just contacted Estora and they told me it wasn't their part. I think it is important to mention that I live in Canada. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you.

It looks very similar to Riobel, but i have never saw that exact model before. Home hardware used to carry a brand that started with a "B"....the exact name escapes me right now but that also looks similar.

The problem with these cheaper brands is that they come and go. If finding parts now is bad, its gonna be impossible in another 5 years. I would suggest replacing it now while you have it apart. Get something like a Moen. You can still get their cheaper line and the cartridges have been the same for 20 years, and probably will be 20 years from now.

I'm with biz on the type of cartridge (Estora), but if they say it's not theirs maybe you could try Kingston. It looks identical to a model of Kingston, but the brass limiter on the cartridge is different. It's worth looking into if you are not up to the challenge of a whole valve replacement.

Kingston Customer Service
1-877-252-7277
Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm
Pacific Standard Time

Hi everyone,

I just contacted Estora and they told me it wasn't their part. I think it is important to mention that I live in Canada. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you.
They are lying to you. It is theirs and if they saw the pics you posted, they know it.

The reason they are stonewalling is part of why I said a month ago to replace it with a "reputable" brand. They are not in the business of standing behind their product. I don't blame them. They can't afford to offer service on their junk.

It is a throw away fixture and priced accordingly, so just throw the damn thing away.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back