Help w/ New Drain Lines in Bathroom Remodel

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelsuder

Reaction score
I am planning a remodel and will be replacing an existing sink with a double sink vanity and also adding a new bathtub (existing shower to be removed). I do not want to cut the slab for any new drains. My question is, can I tie in the additional sink and the new bathtub drains into the existing sink drain (1-1/4") by routing them in the wall? The new bathtub drain is 8' from the existing sink drain and can sit higher to accommodate a P trap as it is a drop in model and will be set into a custom height platform. The inlet pipe for the existing sink drain enters the wall at 17-3/4" above the slab.

The short answer is no. The shower is usually in the middle of the floor an the tub is in the left or right . Also the pipe size if different. 2in for shower and 1.5 for tub.

As for the lavatory, you can "dirty arm " up to 5 feet. I suggest you look into your local codes to see if this is available via code in your area.

Latest posts

Back