Washing machine smells

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Windy

Reaction score
My washing machine smells 'icky' inside. How do I clean this. I let it fill with water then poured a couple cups of bleach in it and let it sit overnight. Will that do it or is there a better way to clean the inside of a washing machine?

Look at the underside of the top of the drum. Theres a ridge there on most machines that's notorious for building up soap scum

My washing machine smells 'icky' inside. How do I clean this. I let it fill with water then poured a couple cups of bleach in it and let it sit overnight. Will that do it or is there a better way to clean the inside of a washing machine?

Did the bleach work?

Vinegar. Run it through a couple cycles with a couple of cups a vinegar. Should clear up the smell issue. I have to do it every couple of months due to my hard water but it also helps with the icky smell we get.

Latest posts

Back