High and low pressure?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mal37

Reaction score
I have 3 outside faucets. one off the kitchen, and one off each of the 2 bathrooms. Two have excellent water pressure, as does the house in general. One off the front bathroom has horrendous pressure. Back of the house faucet is very strong.

Any guesses anybody as far as whether this shows there to be a problem? Should this be approached by trying to clean or flush pipes?

TIA
Mike

Thanks for the response. No water softener, but there is one thing in that bathroom that's different.

There is a device in-between the waterline and the sink inline before the outside faucet. I was told it gets hot water hot faster? It plugs into an electric outlet that's live. Has a timer and a on/off/timer switch. no setting makes a difference. I don't believe this is inline anyway though. Just in-between the sink and the line on this part of the house.

DSCN1919.jpg

didn't seem to want to rotate. see if this works :)

I don't understand why both hot and cold go in, but they go out to hot and cold on the faucet.

would it have an effect on the water pressure for the outside faucet after the pump?

i wonder if it's installed wrong. going to both hot and cold on the sink.

It's a re-circulating system that uses the cold water line to circulate the water. It should have no effect on your hose bib. I would start by turning the water off and remove the stem on the hose bib. There may be a loose washer in there that is restricting the flow.

John

mal37 said:
i wonder if it's installed wrong. going to both hot and cold on the sink.

If thats the case its installed correctly. Theres a hot in/hot out and a cold in/cold out thats how it makes a loop for the pump to provided faster hot water to the fixture.

I think it may be the cut off valve. Now that I've turned the cut off valve which is in the wall right before the outside faucet a few times. It's gotten a lot harder to turn each time i've turned it to cut it off. However the last turn on its way to open feels broken. The last turn to get to open feels almost free spinning, which just happened.

Now to decide whether to search for a valve stem and try to do it myself, or hire a professional. I'm pretty handy, but I wonder how expensive a plumber would be. I also wonder how easy this would be to screw up. :)

Thanks for the replies everyone! I don't suppose any of you guys are in Atlanta. :)

Mike

Gate valve stems commonly break and replacing thjust the stem is not very likely. I have seen Price Pfister single control valves installed in a wall just below hose bibs for just the hose bib but that is probably not the case here.

If the valve is inside the wall with the handle sticking out I would call a pro.

Back