Bathroom faucet stem

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen47

Reaction score
Can anyone identify the maker of this faucet stem? it is about 15 years old and leaks around the base. It is not the seat that is leaking/

stem1.jpg

stem2.jpg

I can't ID the stem but if you take it to Lowes or Home Depot, I'm sure you will be able to match it up without too many problems.

Can you match it up in all other aspects other than the double Oring? If so, I would be tempted to try one with a single Oring if it looks like it might work.

As I've said in the past, once the parts are no longer available quickly, I believe it's time to bite the bullet and replace your fixture. You will be happier in the long run, and have years of worry free usage.

I tried a single O ring Delta stem. It stopped the leak around the base of the handle but wouldn't shut the water off all the way. I bought new faucets today. Thanks for the suggestions.

Hi Stephen47

I just can' identify the brand of this faucet stem. You can get help from plumbers you know. If this faucet stem is really 15 years old then it is better to replace this one with a new.

Thanks
Denzel Parker

Back