Diverter Installation

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mphedz571

Reaction score
I am building a new corner shower that has a 42" knee wall on one side. I want to put the thermostatic valve and diverter (both Delta) on the knee wall so I can turn everything on from outside of the shower. Everywhere I look the Diverter is directly above the valve. Any reason why I can not snake the line around so that the diverter is next to the valve? See drawing attached.

Using 1/2" Pex throughout and will have two shower heads, one on each of the other two walls.

Shower Rough.jpg

IMG_3159.jpg

Last edited:
I hate that. I had a response all typed up and Internet Explorer stopped working just as I was going to post. :mad:

I don't see any reason why you can't

If the Main Valve can be used for a Tub & Shower, use the bottom tub port to supply the diverter. The tub port is the primary port. By design the shower port is slightly restricted until you block the tub port with a diverter. That is why when you are using the tub, water does not come out of the shower head at the same time.
Also think about how the diverter handle position will be when they are the desired position and connect to the port that will be more efficient for you

Back