What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8" Thick concrete all around should be a good fire proofing.

may i make a suggestion, when the wall is being built.

stop it at 4' fill the cavities with soupy concrete

then procede with the rest of the wall.

if they go 8' then fill

chances are you will have sections that did not fill

I am up in the air but leaning towards pour in place walls like we do out storm drain structures.

Talked to my boss this morning. Looking at easing myself back into work a day here and a day there starting next week :)

Packing for the trip to Alaska tomorrow, but got 3 gardeners outside along with a two man crew who are grinding the stumps from the trees they removed last week.

find one of those hands free cell phone holders advertised for your car.

super glue it to the top of the car. be mindfull the direction camera will point

Ooh, good idea! I'll have to try that at some point. I ordered a 64Gb MicroSD card for my phone. It apparently didn't come with an SD card and I thought it was supposed to. Anyway, the memory is full so it won't let me take any more pictures and the MTP or whatever its called for connecting to the computer isn't working.. My computers all say they can't read the device even though I loaded the drivers. The card was normally $69 but was down to about $24. With tax it came out to be around $53 (that 10% sales tax sucks but it was cheaper than gas to go to the store to pick it up plus the 9% sales tax at the store). Free shipping at least.

Havasu, I hope you have a safe and fun trip to Alaska!

Thanks, Matt! I'm trying to eat healthier and today I'm staying home to take a break from people. I'm going to nap and when I'm awake enough I'm going to play with my 3d modeling software to try to make the steering wheel and hubcaps for a Volvo Amazon P130 circa '65. I found a model of the car online and downloaded it. I'm going to see if a friend of mine can fix up the texture and make it work as a vehicle in Sims 3.

Steering wheel:
m3iXqsUhqJdJ5yoMetYwBOw.jpg

ea77b2ef9e34c5bb353c6a4b4271dad5.jpg

Hup cap
DSCF3276.JPG

Ooh, good idea! I'll have to try that at some point. I ordered a 64Gb MicroSD card for my phone. It apparently didn't come with an SD card and I thought it was supposed to. Anyway, the memory is full so it won't let me take any more pictures and the MTP or whatever its called for connecting to the computer isn't working.. My computers all say they can't read the device even though I loaded the drivers. The card was normally $69 but was down to about $24. With tax it came out to be around $53 (that 10% sales tax sucks but it was cheaper than gas to go to the store to pick it up plus the 9% sales tax at the store). Free shipping at least.

Havasu, I hope you have a safe and fun trip to Alaska!

Thanks, Matt! I'm trying to eat healthier and today I'm staying home to take a break from people. I'm going to nap and when I'm awake enough I'm going to play with my 3d modeling software to try to make the steering wheel and hubcaps for a Volvo Amazon P130 circa '65. I found a model of the car online and downloaded it. I'm going to see if a friend of mine can fix up the texture and make it work as a vehicle in Sims 3.

Steering wheel:
m3iXqsUhqJdJ5yoMetYwBOw.jpg

ea77b2ef9e34c5bb353c6a4b4271dad5.jpg

Hup cap
DSCF3276.JPG

I wanna play with the 3d modeling software 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got the dining room furniture yesterday. Also got the new dishwasher and installed it last night. Dug out two broken sprinklers and replaced them. Installed new light over the guest bathroom sink, installed three pendant lights in the kitchen, cleaned the pool, touched up interior paint, hung new mirrors and about 20 pictures throughout the house....geesh, I'm sore and exhausted.

Yep Matt, headed to Seattle this AM, jumping on a Celebrity cruise ship and I ain't gunna do a damn thing all week, except relax.

Got the dining room furniture yesterday. Also got the new dishwasher and installed it last night. Dug out two broken sprinklers and replaced them. Installed new light over the guest bathroom sink, installed three pendant lights in the kitchen, cleaned the pool, touched up interior paint, hung new mirrors and about 20 pictures throughout the house....geesh, I'm sore and exhausted.

Yep Matt, headed to Seattle this AM, jumping on a Celebrity cruise ship and I ain't gunna do a damn thing all week, except relax.

dont piss of the crew, they have been know to throw drunks over board

Frodo, I use Milkshape 3D which I purchased for $25 several years ago. But there is also a free program called Blender. There are other more expensive programs like Maya and 3DsMax (but those are hundreds of dollars). Milkshape works for a lot of things, although the texture mapping (laying out how the image will fit on the shape) for it is a bit crude. I had another program for texture mapping but it tends to mess things up by squishing the texture vertically. I'm not that great with the rendering and I'm out of practice. I ended up napping and didn't do any 3D rendering, but I'll try to do some later today.

LOL!! Frodo wouldn't even need to make penises-- he could probably find some to download and then get accessories- little hats and stuff. I'm trying to remember which software it was, but it has 3D models of human bodies but they were barbie style so some people made attachments to make them anatomically correct. My favorite thing about that program was that they had assigned the joints on the body so if you grabbed the wrist or hand with your mouse and dragged it, the limb would move realistically-- so the arm would lift up. I guess its sort of like the moving of dead bodies in Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. My brother liked to drag the bodies around and pose them so he could then stand back and shoot arrows into their taints. He also spent 20 min making his character beat a dead horse.

Havasu, if I were you, I'd bring my own life vest and some emergency supplies (water or some sort of beverage, and some sort of food) and find a way to put them in a container that can float but isn't too bulky. I'm paranoid about those cruiseships sinking or getting stranded.

Today was a messed up day in paradise.

We, meaning, with the help of a subcontractor, exposed about 130 ft of sewer pipe today.
It was back graded and holding water.
Large condominium property. they are replacing large area of asphalt so.

Back hoe guy Hit 1 1/4" main gas line. SDG&E got it shut down and was making a repair. Back hoe guy hit a 2" water main.
I fixed that.
Then he tore up a phone line.

About 2 ft from that lateral tie-in, it passes over the top of a 6" transit water main. Can't go under it. can't go around it.

021 (400x300).jpg

016 (400x300).jpg

027 (400x300).jpg

Last edited:
What about a syphon on the 6" AC line? Those are easy. I'll come down tomorrow and do it for you.

Your backhoe guy needs some training.

Did the backhoe guy have to have any consequences to breaking all those lines?

Sounds as if you were busy, Mr. David

ya'll ever hear of "call before you dig"
its pretty cool,,you call, some guy comes out and spray paints the ground.

811 is the # all over the usa

LOL.....i was digging one time,,,felt a lil tug, at the same time out the corner of my eye
i see a puff of smoke come off the elec meter....rut roo... shut it down go home

or sitting in a ditch twisting together phone wires in a hundred wire bundle .

or driving thru a neighborhood. and finding about 200' of tv cable behind the truck. hung up on the ladder

NO,,,i aint NEVER messed up!!!!

Last edited:
I admit I've never hit wires or broken lines while digging, but I did once break some wires inside a desktop computer when I was trying to do something (I can't even remember what it was). My hand slipped when I had the screwdriver and managed to snap a couple of wires (ones I was not working with). Fortunately it was nothing important and it was able to be fixed. But I felt like an idiot.

I imagine the backhoe guy was not having a good feeling that day.

I went to my cabin in the mountains today. Had carpet installed this week. Sure feels more like a home now.

View attachment 8602

nice cabin. like the table top

but its funny,,your putting carpet over wood floors
i'm ripping out carpet out off of wood floors

my house in texas, i took all the carpet out and tiled the floor
i stopped sneezing an having a runny nose

Carpet is over a nasty concrete slab and I mean nasty. Someone tried to make a cobblestone look out of the concrete. It had wood over it when I bought the house and nothing sat flat.

Latest posts

Back