Random research project

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jboggin

Reaction score
Hi, I hope this is the right place to post this and doesn’t violate any forum norms or anything like that!

Anyways, my name is Jordan Frith, and I am an assistant professor at the University of North Texas (here’s my faculty profile page if anyone’s interested: https://faculty.unt.edu/editprofile.php?pid=3948&onlyview=1_). I am currently conducting a study of online help forums, and I am looking for people to interview for my study. I chose this forum because I used it in the past to fix a sink and found the people to be very helpful. To participate in the study, you must be 18 years or older. I am particularly interested in how these forums operate, why people contribute their time, how the design of the forums influence participation, and the benefits forum participants derive from posting. For this study, I am looking for forum participants who are willing to be interviewed (likely over the phone or on Skype unless you happen to live in North Texas). The interviews will take between 30-60 minutes, and I am flexible with when I can do the interviews. I truly appreciate any help any of you can give me, and even if you are not willing to be interviewed, I welcome any comments you may have.

To contact me about participating in the study, please email me at Jordan.frith [at] unt.edu. Thank you so much for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
I spoke to Jordan today and it was really painless. I would encourage everyone possible to help him out with this project if possible! His primary concern was to find out WHY we all come in here and help others, and how the Internet can build friendships.

I'll be the first to admit I have several friends here even though I've never seen them in person!

Thanks so much for helping me out! I learned a lot, and I hope to speak to anyone else who would be willing to be interviewed.

Thanks again!

Oh, and if anyone else is interested, just email me at jordan.frith (at) unt.edu. I really appreciate it!

I've got time, and I'll be more than happy to help you in this meaningful research. I'll send you an email Jordan.

Latest posts

Back