Did I just get swindled by this plumber?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was the plumber professional? Was he or she on time? Did they do what they promised? Is their work neat? Do you have hot water? How was their response time? Were they well mannered? Were they clean or dirty? Would you call to have them work in your home again? Did you like them? If the answer to all of the above is yes what does the price really mean?

Umm, you forgot "Did they smell good? ;)

(or are the "smell good plumbers" only known in California?)

Umm, you forgot "Did they smell good? ;)

(or are the "smell good plumbers" only known in California?)

If that is important to you absolutely.

Personally I want my competition to have the thought process of "I've always done it this way". That alone gives me more work than anything else.

Richard. My reply was only an attempt to be funny. There is a Southern California plumbing outfit who spends millions of $$ in advertising based only on their "good smell" plumbers. They even claim they will reimburse the service call if their plumbers do not smell good. It sure seems to be one great advertising gimmick.

Richard. My reply was only an attempt to be funny. There is a Southern California plumbing outfit who spends millions of $$ in advertising based only on their "good smell" plumbers. They even claim they will reimburse the service call if their plumbers do not smell good. It sure seems to be one great advertising gimmick.

I KNOW I was pushing sarcastic.

Actually you are probably a really good candidate to change the way you think. I am working with a guy right now that a year ago called me a crook, manipulator, cheat and today he will tell you all that he was 100% wrong and there is a different way to sell without persuading, convincing, and manipulating.

Latest posts

Back