Noisy faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tirmbandit

Reaction score
I installed a price pfister kitchen faucet yesterday. It's a single handle with side spray, model F-WK1-68 Classic. When hot or cold water is turned on, there is a loud 'thunk" and the faucet shakes. I have never had this problem before with the old faucet. If I turn the water off and then on again, it does not make any noise. But if I wait a few minutes and then turn it on, it makes the "thunk". I can see the faucet shake. Also, although the faucet is screwed down solidly to the stainless sink and the trim ring is also screwed down, the faucet seems to have excessive wobble. I posted a 10 second video of the "thunk" and wobble problem [ame="http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2e4yg4l&s=7"]here[/ame]
Thanks!

I couldn't really make out the "thunk" over the background noise of your dishwasher. However I believe it is due to water hammer. Install some water hammer arrestors under the sink before the supplies.

As for the shaky spout. It's a Pfister....... I mean no offense, but you get what you pay for. There is a reason it is 20-30% cheaper than other brands. I have heard many of my colleagues refer to it as Pfister Price. A reference to the toy manufacturer.

Im not saying you bought a cheap faucet. I would bet that the finish you chose and that fancy layout were North of $175. But a similar faucet in a Kohler or a Grohe would have been over $300.

Nice video. Wish more people did that when asking for help.
It does seem excessively loose.
Did you try contacting Price Pfister directly?
Also check you water pressure to make sure it's not excessive.
You can get a gauge that will screw onto a hose bib for less than $10.
There maybe a part missing inside the spout.

Latest posts

Back