I hear my nieghbor flush

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billm9555

Reaction score
I live in a side by side 2 story new home in NJ. Whenever my nieghbor flushes his toilet I hear the drainage noise through my tub next door. Our master bathroom share the same firewall, meaning that the homes are idenetial but opostie layouts.No pipes are shared between the homes firewall so how is this possible? I blleive the only places our sewagre may share is in the mian pipe that goes out to the street. Could it be pssoible that the noise is traveling that far back to my tub shower drain. It is all PVC

pvc sucks bro thats why they went cheap with pvc shuld have used cast

You are probably hearing an echo of the water inside the pipe. It is possible that they did not vent correctly. Your tub is always going to do this, unfortunately there really is no solution. Keep the drain plug closed when you're not using it. This may eliminate the sound. I find it hard to believe you are hearing it in the walls though. Duplexs should have at least a 2 hour fire rating and pvc is solid core. As far a plastics go pvc is the quietest.

Latest posts

Back