Propane heater

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sameguy

Reaction score
I just bought a small propane furnace for my camper. It runs off propane and 12 volt for the blower. It is manufactured in the UK. Propex is the maker. My question is this. I need to go from a propane tank through a regulator to 5/16 copper tubing into the furnace. Should I get some custom hose built that has the propane tank fitting, regulator and some kind of compression fitting that would attach to the 5/16 copper tubing or is there an easier way. I was thinking that I cold take a BBQ grill hose and regulator assembly and find parts in Home Depot to get from that connection to the 5/16 but I was sorely mistaken there. Apparently 5/16 isn't that common so fittings for it aren't either. Also not sure what that thread size that is on the BBQ hose assembly but I couldn't find anything that matched those threads. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Simple way go down to one of the local propane companies they should have all the materials to build exactly what you need, it may cost $$ but you will get it right the first time.

Latest posts

Back