Bathroom Sink Base Constantly Leaks

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrcannon

Reaction score
Our Bathroom sink base has been leaking for about 2 years now and I think it's finally driven me insane. It's always flooded by the end of the day and turns a brownish color. The horrible Super in my building has attempted to "fix" it 3 time and it's exactly the same.
I've done a lot of research and mostly just found advice for a leaky faucet, but never information about the base of it leaking. Please let me know what I need to do. I don't know the first thing about Plumbing.

Here is a picture of the leak below.
It leaks from all sides of the base and floods the sink area

Please help.

Thanks!

photo copy.jpg

Last edited:
Hi! Is it your tap?? If so it could easy be your seal which has just failed or all you will have to do is get some new taps there are not much at all. I just fitted some new taps today and working prefect haha so yeah! It will not take long... If you need any help fitting your new taps or help with getting to the seal just inbox me and I will tell you how to do it set by set! Okay let me know how it all go's thankyou!.

Last edited:
Or just looking at your pic again you might just have to put some silicon around the sides of it! Once again let me know how you get on!.

Save yourself the headaches...spend 30 bucks and replace the faucet. It may have an internal leak that no washers or o rings will fix.

I think replacing the faucet is better, for affordable faucets check out this ***no spamming allowed***..:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Greenyterrot, I dont think its a good idea to silicone the base. It might look like its fixed but the waters still going to siy under the faucet and rot the counter top

Latest posts

Back