Come oooonnnnnnn SNOW!!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countryboy26047

Reaction score
Ahhh, I do have to say sorry for this thread considering theres probably a lot of folks who absolutely despise snow and hate the thought of it.... BUT, even though I have always loved the winter, this year I love it even more! I recently started a new job in a chemicals plant, and until I start getting signed off on different jobs, the only real way I can get some good overtime is when we get snow/ice, they will call me out to do snow removal and to spread salt on the roads and sidewalks inside the plant... nevermind the fact that I get to do all that while riding around in a kubota side-x-side with a heated cab, snow plow and salt-spreader.. Our area is expected to get 4-6" of snow (or as I now like to call it, "Pennies from heaven" haha) throughout the night and into tomorrow.

Not to mention the fact that, after I go get paid to do all that, I get to come home and hop on my new tractor with the full hydraulic-controlled snow blade to plow my lane :D:D:D

I grew up in the snow but now live in the armpit of hell so I kinda miss it.

Well, once again the good 'ol weathermen had absolutely NO clue what the freak their doing! Woke up to absolutely no fresh snowfall what-so-ever... Every 20 min. they change the winter storm warning times and amount of snowfall expected... grrrrrrr.....

You guys can keep your snow, and freezing temperatures, and snowplows, and salty roads rusting out your cars, and digging out of your front door, and scraping ice off your windshield. And sledding, and snowball fights, and getting to stay home for the day because the roads are blocked, and warm wood stoves, and ice skating.

I'll stick with needing to run the air conditioner in mid December.:eek:

You guys can keep your snow, and freezing temperatures, and snowplows, and salty roads rusting out your cars, and digging out of your front door, and scraping ice off your windshield. And sledding, and snowball fights, and getting to stay home for the day because the roads are blocked, and warm wood stoves, and ice skating.

I'll stick with needing to run the air conditioner in mid December.:eek:

haha I'll agree with everything in your statement except the staying home for the day part... That's one reason us true rednecks have our 4x4 trucks with big meaty tires lmao. personally I've always loved snow, but I HATE freezing rain/ice.. One other crazy-fun part I left out.... I get to hop on my Honda Rancher 4x4 and go play in the snow in the woods, or pull my boys around our field on a huge innertube :)

oh, and btw.... the pennies from heaven have finally started coming down hard! Shouldn't be long now until I get to go play...errr, I mean, work :D

and salty roads rusting out your cars

And on that note.. a little tip for anyone living in a region where you have to deal with this sorta thing like me.. I've always taken a lot of pride in taking care of my vehicles mechanically and cosmetically so over the years I've learned a lot of my own tricks as well as picking up a lot of them off my old man (he's a gear-head from the 60's lol) One thing I always make sure to do with my aluminum or chrome rims in the winter time is I put a coat of vaseline on them front and back and every crevice. This will allow the salt/cinder crap to just slide off the rims next time they get washed down. As for your rocker panels and all painted body surfaces down low on the vehicle, you can put a thin layer of spray wax on them, but don't wipe it off but, make SURE you get the type that specifies that it does not need to be wiped off.. meguiars makes a really good spray-on wax that I prefer to use (can't remember the exact name of it right off-hand but just read the bottle and it states whether or not it can be left on or not). Well, there's the little pointer from your local redneck car tech. lmao

I've got to go pick out our Christmas tree. Sucks, because I think the AC in my wife's Explorer is broke. :D

Lmao look everyone, we gotta comedian over here haha j/k :D In all honesty, even as much as I do love the changing seasons, typically by about the end of feb. beginning of March, I begin to grow tired of the cold/snowy weather.. but I will NEVER grow tired of seeing the expression on my one neighbors face when he sees me outside in 5* snowy weather, bundled up with a cold beer in hand and a slab of beef on my smoker lol.

phishfood said:
I've got to go pick out our Christmas tree. Sucks, because I think the AC in my wife's Explorer is broke. :D

You think you will have enough time today? We know how you are with the trees, every needle has to be just right.

Hay Phish,

I still like what you did with last year's Christmas tree. I still don't understand what you mean when your wife said it reminded her of a phallic symbol.

palm tree.jpg

Latest posts

Back