What guns do you own?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found my slugs
https://www.americanreloading.com/en/331-223-556-m855-ss-109-steel-core-bullets-500-ct.html

But what about these? Are they something that an experienced reloader could use, but as a beginner I shouldn't attempt?
https://www.americanreloading.com/e...109-projectiles-steel-core-pulled-500-ct.html

Here's the brass i found
https://www.americanreloading.com/en/24-556

And these
https://www.americanreloading.com/en/56/579-223-remington-federal-brass-brass-250.html
Hmm... are they remington, federal, or a mix of remington and federal? Are those dings something to worry about when reloading? they'd feed through my ar just fine....

Guess ill worry bout primer and powder after the bench lol

Last edited:
you need to slow down, read the book i posted.

1st things 1st,

that fired brass, you have no idea where it came from, how many times it has been fired.

to start out, buy new brass, record it, catalog it, document times fired

brass does not have an indefinite amount of times it can be fired.

as far as your bullets go,

you do not jump out their and buy 500 bullets off the bat. what if your rifle does not like that bullet?
what if it performs really crappy?
you need a Chrony to "work you loads up"
My advice to you

buy the damn book I posted and read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BEFORE YOU SPEND MONEY aon anything!!!!!!!!!

then, I will be happy to go over every thing you need, and what you need to buy.
others that reload feel the same way.

tell you what. click this

you will receive help from some very knowledgeable grumpy old vets,

when starting a new hobby,spend your first 100 dollars on books

Last edited:
you need to slow down, read the book i posted.

1st things 1st,

that fired brass, you have no idea where it came from, how many times it has been fired.

to start out, buy new brass, record it, catalog it, document times fired

brass does not have an indefinite amount of times it can be fired.

as far as your bullets go,

you do not jump out their and buy 500 bullets off the bat. what if your rifle does not like that bullet?
what if it performs really crappy?
you need a Chrony to "work you loads up"
My advice to you

buy the damn book I posted and read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BEFORE YOU SPEND MONEY aon anything!!!!!!!!!

then, I will be happy to go over every thing you need, and what you need to buy.
others that reload feel the same way.

tell you what. click this

you will receive help from some very knowledgeable grumpy old vets,

when starting a new hobby,spend your first 100 dollars on books

What that grouchy ol' plumber said.

Here is my free gun safe I got today. Damn thing is 22 1/2 deep, and the hinges and lock will hit the back side of the door. I might cut out the back side of the door to accommodate it.

20150926_174843_resized.jpg

20150926_174903_resized.jpg

20150926_174956_resized.jpg

what wall thickness is behind the safe?

is your outside wall 2x6 or 2x4 ?

if you can, remove sheetrock. cut 1 stud out, header the top
turn that stud sideways, making a pocket

slide the safe into the pocket............. BOLT it to floor............

I can, with a appliance dolly, pick that safe up, wheel it out in less than 5 minutes
BOLT IT

120vac40a_rev (1).jpg

Havasu, I am not talking to you, ;) I am jealous as hell about you getting a new FREE safe :D

Last edited:
That safe should be about 550 pounds empty. You can get it out but it will be difficult to not be seen.

Yeah, it is about 500 pounds dry. Three of us used a fridge dolly to put it in there, so you are correct. I have 2x6 walls behind the safe, and did consider punching out the drywall behind it although I'm concerned about plumbing and wiring. It will probably be my only choice. And yeah, I plan on bolting the bugger down along with having a alarm sensor to monitor when it gets opened up.

Yeah, it is about 500 pounds dry. Three of us used a fridge dolly to put it in there, so you are correct. I have 2x6 walls behind the safe, and did consider punching out the drywall behind it although I'm concerned about plumbing and wiring. It will probably be my only choice. And yeah, I plan on bolting the bugger down along with having a alarm sensor to monitor when it gets opened up.

6874.33321.jpg

That is exactly what I did. By cutting the wall open, I was able to push the safe back about 2 1/2 inches and it works perfectly.

20150927_113353_resized.jpg

20150927_114505_resized.jpg

20150927_123037_resized.jpg

GOOD JOB buuuuuuuddy !!!

buy a water heater insulation jacket. it has insulation inbetween some plastic. stuff behind in that wall

the plastic on the jacket will keep fibers out of the air. and it will give you a little insulation

gotta keep that ac bill down

I was able to use the existing insulation before slamming the safe into the cavity. It is tight and I shouldn't lose and cool air.

That is a beautiful piece of furniture. Does the wife lock you up in there when you are a bad boy?

Back