Briggs Power Flush refill problem

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balota

Reaction score
Trying to fix Windy's toilet. We know it's a Briggs Power Flush toilet. Printing inside the tank seems to suggest a model H602 or I1602. Toilet is at least 10 years old with original equipment inside the tank.

After a flush, the float drops, but the valve does not open. The flush valve looks like a conventional toilet valve with a concentric float (not an arm). Is it possible to simply replace the valve/float assembly with a generic part? Or does this require an OEM replacement?

Have Winds use the CMG credit card, stuffed behind the pilot's seat in the company jet, and just have her go out and pick up a non-power flushing toilet, since IMHO, them power flush things are pure crap!

Good to see you post in here Balota!

Havasu, A word of warning. Never get between Winds and her toilet... Hehe...

I think we've found the part number from Briggs website. B500059-BRGS. Do we know whether these parts are available from local stores or only from the website? Are Briggs parts commonly available?

I have only dealt with those power flush contraptions twice. All I did was rip them out and replace them with something more conventional. I'm sure some of our seasoned plumbers will have more information for you.

OK. So I tried taking the top of the fill valve off. It was crusted in place a bit. Very hard water there. With the top off, the water does not fly out with pressure. It barely fliws at all. I think there's blockage in the supply line coming to the toilet. Other sinks flow very well, so it isn't the incoming supply blocked, just the toilet.

How do you clear that?

Latest posts

Back