Complete Renovation

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kid

Reaction score
I am redoing my entire house. The previous owner did the last "renovation" by himself, without permits.

I will taring everything back to the block walls, and installing 100% new plumbing and electrical. I will also be adding another full bath.

This was the utility room, housing the original furnace and water heater. It will be our new master bath.

d6GLHB7.jpg

Temporary tie in to keep the old bath up and running throughout this faze off construction.

ENsGjKX.jpg

Here is the old plumbing, such as it is...

l76Vp0B.jpg

WZ02p8i.jpg

Here is the original cast iron line (2 inch) that handled the washer, sink w/disposal, and dishwasher.

8ke5Jwg.jpg

Saw cut and cleared the slab for the new 3" to 4" main.

Hv3UPHX.jpg

Here is the only 4 inch main in the entire house. It is the main vent, and sits between the two toilets. This will be coming out.

rgrMgS5.jpg

pEl51Uc.jpg

I cut the elbow, and attached the new 4" pvc with a Fernco coupling. This will be removed later, when I remove the two front toilets.

PFDUAEr.jpg

Under the wall, with a 45 to get to the main trench.

8irUCgt.jpg

Main trench, with a stub out for the additional bathroom. Inspector told me to cap it, and he will inspect it again after I trench for the second branch.

X8tluvW.jpg

The heart of the plumbing. Toilet, vent, toilet. Then toward the camera, vanity and main vent stack.

vXhIrPA.jpg

Left to right: Vent, vanity, laundry, bath.

StqzNx8.jpg

This is the 2" line that will run to the kitchen sink and dishwasher. They will have their own vent. The end of the 3" lin will have a 45 capped with a cleanout.

IBoObBE.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got back from a work trip, and had the inspector over. He passed it in about 3 minutes, and said go ahead and bury it.
He was in a hurry, but I managed to ask him about my condensate line. He'll allow me to drop it into the stand pipe for the washer, as long as it is above the trap.

T2FXFD6.jpg

X6c1bXt.jpg

SR5ySmh.jpg

Started laying in the flooring, and running the under floor pex supply lines.

jvlyj8S.jpg

ABXUFLa.jpg

PLiNqdZ.jpg

fsL6Xyu.jpg

0Gue8wL.jpg

2EhWwtM.jpg

Back