kenmore he2 washer part replacement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We initially replaced a broken water drain pump and I recently realized what must have broken it! The washer seems to have a broken rubber seal around the door and its allowing all sorts of crap to fall down in there (change and other things I wont mention due to grossness!) I want to make sure I have the right part before ordering it..'I think' I found it on amazon and it's called a "bellow"? I've attached pics of this part I found to order as well as a few of our actual washer showing the problem...I'm also thankful to have found out what the funky moldy smell was coming from and can get rid of that too!
Kenmore Washer Bellow 8540952 AP4379904 W10111435

WASHER (1).jpg

WASHER (2).jpg

WASHER (3).jpg

WASHER (4).jpg

WASHER (5).jpg

bellow.jpg

Seems right. How often do you clean out the cylindrical lint trap? I just did myself and found bobby pins, hair, a dime and other assorted crap. I believe that needs to be cleaned out monthly.

WASHER (5).jpg

I only did when there was a problem and wouldnt drain, and there was some grossness in it for sure...I'll start checking it from time to time for maintenance. Thanks for the advice on the bellow...hopefully its an easy install at home

Side note...my girlfriend got a laugh out of this info as she has been wondering where various smaller items like her kids socks etc have been dissappearing to

I always leave my door ajar when I'm not doing wash, because the smell is horrible if you close it.
Yeah we leave ours open in between washes regardless just to keep it dried out and prevent water buildup and mold issues...just getting around to ordering this bellow..been procrastinating but now have another issue to fix on this beast so going to do them both in one shot.

Latest posts

Back