Can't get this tub to drain!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have attached a very bad drawing of how this drain is plumbed and I really don't think it is how a drain should be plumbed but Idk lol. It started draining very slow recently. I've used a me clean drain stick but it is almost impossible to make the 90 and go down the drain. I've used draino gel then Mr plumber then baking soda and vinger and plug the hole then more draino then more Mr plumber then good ol plunger BUT it still will not drain!! What can I do to try and fix this damn drain. All other drains work fine. Thanks in advance
6a14be732aa42ea70b75ea468c28ddad.jpg

Edit. The blue is where the overflow drain should go and is not there anymore it was removed before I moved in. And has a cap over the pipe coming from the floor.

Looking at your previous posts, your toilet and sink were clogged with roots, as was your washer. You called in a plumber who removed lots of roots. Now, you are dumping chemicals to clear yet another clog? I'd recommend you get your plumber back out there and let him know what chemicals you have used in that bathtub.

The chemicals arent the problem, those are common house hold items, your drain is cloged first send a camera down and see what the problem is and take it from there, if you decide to fish, dont ever send fish from bathtub drain, remove cap on overflow pipe and fish from there,

Never dump Drano or mr. Plumber down a drain. Because now when someone goes into snake the drain all those chemicals now become a potential Hazard for them. You have to snake the drain through the Overflow. Your tub needs an overflow after you get everything sorted out I would advise you install one.

Latest posts

Back