Replacement Hose Bib Stem, Nut, Handle

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cja313

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
(Home Owner here, Not a Plumber, but do have an HVAC guy helping me with small repairs)

I have a hose bib which doesn't leak when the valve/handle is shut off, but when its on, the water leaks/shoots/sprays up through the nut/stem. Hoping I can find replacement kit because replacing the entire hose bib would mean cutting drywall to access it from the back. This house is under contract and due to close in 10 days and I don't want the extra cost of drywall repair and paint.

The Stem is 1-7/8" and the nut is 1/2"

Any advice as to where I should look? Do I just buy a new hose-bib with Stem and Nut that match measurements and use those?

Thanks in Advance!

--Chris

49776.jpg

49778.jpg

49779.jpg

49781.jpg

49783.jpg

The right way is to replace the entire hose bib. The lucky way is to find the same manufacturer, remove the stem from the new bib, then replace it into your old unit. The cheap way is to clean and rebuild your existing stem.

Unfortunately, there are hundreds of different stems out there. I would go to a local hardware store and try to match it up.

Thanks! That was the news I was expecting, finding the exact match would be near impossible with no marking or manufacture marks on the old bib.

I'm going to end up paying to have it replaced and drywall repaired. a Few hundred dollars to make sure we go to closing and I get the house sold in a week is worth the money spent.

Thanks for the input!

Latest posts

Back