Help Please

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ambull378

Reaction score
Curently remolding bathroom from one shower to one shower and bath. Removed old showe rto expose plumbing and this is what I found.plumb1.jpg Drain had a running line to P-trap approx. 2' under ground. If Possible any assistance with a diagram on how new connections shouild go. Picture shows P trap and vent line connected to same Y.

I don't know what code you are under, but IPC would allow you to attach the shower or the tub to the vent branch of the wye, and the other to the same pipe as the trap is currently attached to. That being said, what else is connected to the vent branch?

Nothing else is connected to the vent line, it was dedicated to the lone shower in the bathroom. That picture shows about all the access I have to it and then in goes up into a block wall. I would like the shower at one end of the bathroom approx. 6' from current plumbing and tub in opposite direction approx 3' from current plumbing.

If nothing else drains down the vent line, then it is prohibited by IPC. Any horizontal vent line has to have a fixture draining through it. To make it code compliant, you would need to access the vertical portion of that vent pipe and attach one of the two fixtures, shower or tub, to it.

I believe that was the only thing that drained into it the pipe goes across the room to the sinks and toilet area.

No; this was the only plumbing when the old sunk in tub was removed.

Latest posts

Back