What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TURN UP THE VOLUME and it's got lyrics so you can sing along:)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIxXXSufOAo&feature=player_detailpage"] TURN UP THE VOLUME [/ame]

Thanks for that. Ah, nostalgia. I just remembered that I despised Pinnochio for many years because one time when I went to Disneyland, the guy dressed in the Pinnochio suit stepped on my foot. It's weird the things we remember...

Also, my uncle was career Navy for many many years. When he retired he taught ROTC. He's currently a master gardener in a retirement community in Virginia.

Same here. back in the mid 70's. In the Navy. scooped up a bunch of 33 vinyl albums. $.50 a pop. Bunch of us bought some really bad a$$ stereo equip in the Philippines on base ,Duty Free. The vinyl records where soft and only good for a few plays. Reel to Reel recorders where the thing to have. So We recorded everything. Good times

when were you there? i was at clark june '72 to june '75
you must have been at Subic

when were you there? i was at clark june '72 to june '75
you must have been at Subic

Yeah spent some time in Subic. Between '75 - '79 . Did 3 WestPac tours.
Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Java, Taiwan, Singapore, Guam.

Joined the Navy to see the World. Saw part of it.

So Mr. David, you now have 3 shellbacks? My son was on the Connie (CV-64) and received two of them.

TMI, but I got up very early because of a coughing fit and had to park myself on my Toto throne while I coughed my bladder out for about 20 min and lost my voice.

Then I took Mom to the doctor but on the nurse practitioner was in. NP said that it sounds like I have a viral issue so I didn't need a prescription, but Mom has a sinus infection and upper respiratory infection. Mom sat in the car while I went to the pharmacy to get her prescriptions. I had to write her name and dob down on a card to show them because I tried to speak and they couldn't hear me. I scared some people with my coughing while I was in line. Got the meds, went home and my brother made soup.

So, now I'm sitting here hoping the coughing will clear up. I've tried Dayquil, Mucinex, and Delsym so far. I've been having to suck on cough drops constantly as well. At least I don't have sinus pain and my throat doesn't actually hurt .

I'm gonna drink some water and try to take a nap soon. On the bright side, I've been worse, but this still sucks.

Meanwhile, Fippy is feeling great. He's been running around and he jumps up on my lap when I sit in the living room. Last night when I was feeling really crappy my kitties curled up against me and Captain Fluffy purred into my ear.

Thanks, Chris. I'll look for that if this doesn't clear up soon.
How is your back doing today?

Last night I didn't cough as much, but my nose was stuffy so I had to mouth-breathe which made my mouth dry out. I have a bottle of water nearby so I started drinking it when I woke up. Just took some Delsym a few minutes ago and started drinking more water again. I'm feeling a bit better today.

I took Fippy to the vet to get his stitches and staples removed. The vet said he was healing nicely and that he was a sweet little dog. He was able to run back to the car and jump in on his own instead of being carried and his fur is already growing back.

Those hot packs feel great, don't they?

Had the termite inspector just come over for the inspection. I now have to remove and replace a few built in planter boxes in the front yard, and cut off the rotten edges on the patio cover. It's a quick fix, fortunately.

Hope the hot packs help, Chris.

Havasu, I despise termites. When I was in Singapore termites got into the apartment and attacked my comic book collection. :-(

That looks like an expensive set up.

Today I slept until my brother woke me up to take him to the store to pick up his prescription, waited in the store for it to be ready, went home, ate half a quesadilla and went back to bed.

I get kinda woozy when I'm standing or walking and I get a headache when I bend or lean over. bleh.

I'm trying to stay hydrated and this is my first time using the computer all day. I don't plan to stay on too long.

As soon as I'm feeling well enough, I need to get my bathroom fixed up so I can take a nice long bath.

Hope everyone else is feeling better today.

Latest posts

Back