Sand coming out from tub drain...

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeawesome

Reaction score
I had a clog in my bath tub so I used an auger down the drain but it wouldn't go down far enough. I then tried going through the overflow tube and that didn't work either so I blocked the overflow tube with a rag and used a plunger on the drain and what looks like sand came up through it.

as far as I know nobody, in the house had been putting sand down the drain.. can it be a broken pipe letting sand seep in?

I had a clog in my bath tub so I used an auger down the drain but it wouldn't go down far enough. I then tried going through the overflow tube and that didn't work either so I blocked the overflow tube with a rag and used a plunger on the drain and what looks like sand came up through it.

as far as I know nobody, in the house had been putting sand down the drain.. can it be a broken pipe letting sand seep in?

I would think if that was the case you would notice an extra wet area, or an extra high water bill.

I don't know the answer for sure, but maybe it has to do something with the water heater.

I changed my anode rod and did a flush and you would not believe the crap that came out of my tank, now the water is clearer.

It could indeed be crap coming from a degraded anode rod. It never hurts to check this anyways as they should be changed regularly.

Plumbing In London

Are you guys mad? blaming the anode in a HWS?
my simple advice mate if there is sand in your area and not soil (mud) then a broken pipe is most likely the cause - also consider in most countries they use sand to pack a bath in/ off the ground? spaces behind bath panels can harbor problems for ages!!!! let me know

Latest posts

Back