Toilet bowl water not flushing properly.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luca

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm new here.
I've just started a plumbing comp in South Africa and going well till I was asked to change a toilet for a client and did and he's still got a flushing problem.

It's a internal geberit system that flushes and all works fine. The problem is the water does not exit the bowl quick enough to take the toilet paper down.
Ok so replaced the bowl not that.
Thought the drain pipe was blocked so put rodes down and it's clear.
There is no vent on the pipe so thought it was a vacuam. So put hole in just behinds the toilet on the 110 pile. No change in flow.

This is how the pipes are done. Toilet on ground floor. Toilet to 90 bend. Then 2m drop, them 6m to go under a koi pond out side. Then junction to the main pipe and 30m to the septic tank.

Running out of ideas. Any one have a similar problem.

I wouldn't recommend drilling holes or modifying the piping. It may have worked well and then the problem developed as a result of a failure in some parts. If changing the bowl didn't help, then maybe the problem lies in the volume of water coming from the supply. The flexible connector or valve may have become clogged.
Regardless, you may need to contact Gerberit for technical help and there is no shame in doing so. Many plumbers rely on tech support, since there is no way to understand all of the thousands of new products on the market.
Here is contact information for Gerberit South Africa
Customer Care Line : 0861 FLUSH 1 (358741)

Head office

Lincolnwood Office Park,
6 Woodlands Drive,
Woodmead,
Johannesburg
T: +27 11 444 5070
F: +27 11 656 3455
Email: [email protected]
Warehouse

17-15th street, Eastgate,
Gardens Commercial Park,
Sandton,
Johannesburg
T: +27 11 444 5070
F: +27 11 444 5992
Cape Town

20 Esso Road,
Montague Gardens,
Cape Town,
T: +27 21 555 0651
F: +27 21 552 2411
Durban

38 Aloefield Crescent,
Springfield Park,
Durban,
T: +27 31 579 3504
F: +27 31 579 2724

Let us know if you find a solution so that we can share with others.

Latest posts

Back