Washing machine sends plumbing all out of whack!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeKaDi87

Reaction score
Hi,

I just moved into a home that has had everything completely redone. The seller of the home claims that all of the plumbing has been redone as well. I'm having a problem with the washing machine backing up into the kitchen sink, and causing the toilet to bubble as well. Then a few minutes later, water will leak from what seems to be the bottom of the water heater. It's not coming from the valve/tube. I have no idea what is causing this problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

You may have a floor drain under your hot water tank that is backing up. Look under it, if you can to see if that is the case. With the type of back up you have described, you need to have the main drain line cleared and cleaned.

Caduceus is right. A floor waste is more than likely to be underneath the hot water heater. Other than that , it is a CLASSIC blocked drain.

You need to get it cleared

DC

Thanks. I did a little more investigating and realized that it wasn't the water heater leaking, but a pipe behind it that was supposed to be a drain for the condensation from the A/C, or something like that. I had plumber come out today, and he said the same thing. He suspects that since my house sat for a considerably long time before it was remodeled that roots could have possibly grown in the main drain. He's bringing an auger (sp?) tomorrow to hopefully clear the line. It will be nice to have functioning indoor plumbing again !!!

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Okay, guys, I'd really appreciate your help again. I had a some plumbers come out and clear my main drain- but water still keeps backing up. Any other suggestions of what could possibly be the problem?

Did the plumber check his work.
Maybe he just didn't do a good job.
You could have a secondary stoppage that he failed to check for.

Latest posts

Back