How do I remove a Bathroom sink faucet that has no screws?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brianm

DIY Member
Reaction score
Help! I need to remove the handle from my bathroom sink faucet but it has no screws. There is no cap or holes where a set screw may be. I also have no clue on the manufacturer of this faucet since it was already installed in the house when we moved in. I also uploaded some photos in m album so you can see what it looks like.

http://www.plumbingforums.com/forum/members/brianm/albums/faucet/

Those handles should unscrew up to the brass trim rings, and there's either a allen screw or phillips screw at that point that loosens it up.

Looks like a Moen but I'm not sure. I doubt it's a Monticello as they has larger bases to the faucet.

Maybe someone else has some pertinent info relating to that style.

Not any moen I am familiar with, nor delta. It looks a little like a price pfister in the shape of the handle, but not any that are currently on the market. Gonna have to wait for the cartridge reveal on this one.

Click free

16f0952ed662a2f54591616ecdd359d4_36.jpg

8ce87a9a0e34f2664ff9d94aef7d892f_35.jpg

Do I unscrew the bell shaped escutcheon or the brass ring that's on top of it (just below where the handle enters the escutcheon)?

Looking at this picture when I am fully awake, it strongly resembles an American standard Amarilis Iris.

482.prd.l.alt.003.jpg

If it is an A.S. faucet, you can find the install sheets here, step 14 is an exploded view of the handle assembly.

Last edited:
My guess is that the bell shaped escutchion will unscrew, if you can grip it firmly enough. The Kohlers of that style that I have seen do, and I believe the Moens as well.

You should be able to get a wrench on the underside and after removing all the slide in washers, it should lift out of the hole.

Latest posts

Back