What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I became a redneck today and installed ac in my garage.

View attachment 8845

Um...I really hate to break it to you..BUT>>>>>You turned redneck
way back, your just starting to embrace your inner redneck

you know you want to buy some wife beater's
stock-photo-angry-big-man-in-tee-shirt-with-cigar-and-baseball-cap-51986209.jpg

Have you guys ever watched the Red Green show? Canadian rednecks who use duct tape to fix just about everything. It's a comedy. Great program.

I'm currently trying to load the webpage to schedule an appointment with the honda place to get an oil change. I have a coupon from them and I don't know any places in town that I trust to do it properly. The only competent mechanic at Walmart is now working at the Ford dealership, but they only work on Fords.

Yay. Finally got the page to load and booked the appointment. Have some other errands to run today.

Last edited:
ever have fig preserves? yum yum yum..or a fig pound cake ?

and i have a special recipe i want to try with some, fig-rika it is a tequila

fig preserves on a hot buttered biscuit..nothing better!

last year i added pecans to my preserves,,really good i thought

have a special recipe i want to try with some, fig-rika it is a tequila

fig preserves on a hot buttered biscuit..nothing better!

last year i added pecans to my preserves,,really good i thought

Sounds pretty tasty.

manhole was 8' deep. Was not a public sewer line, but city crew popped a hole in stoppage to stop flow from running into a nearby storm drain.

I had to go back today and climb down in to pull a big clump of roots out of the bottom of the manhole.

020x.jpg

Frodo, thanks for the link to the insulation stuff. I'll bookmark that for future reference (I know the link was for Chris, but it looks like useful stuff). Is that to just go up on the insides of the boards that are surrounding the air conditioner? Or is it applied differently? Its not too late for the duct tape!! :p

Nice pictures and the figs look great. I should check and see if my fig trees had any that the birds, squirrels, and deer didn't beat us to.

Speaking of bacon, I heard there is a type of seaweed/algae called dulse that supposedly tastes like bacon when fried. If its available anywhere in my area, I might try it.

Yikes! Was that actually lard in there?

I got my oil changed, air conditioner filter change, and engine filter changed on my car the other day. They brought in the engine filter to show me how dirty it was. I had been expecting it to be worse. They appreciated that I got an undercarriage wash first. I had a coupon to get tire balancing along with oil change, but I decided that I didn't want to wait longer and the wash didn't get the mud off the tires/wheel wells. They actually thanked me for skipping that one. LOL. Other customers there talked about being happy with the work they did and the salesman remembered me and asked if I was still looking for a Ridgeline.

My brother had made red beans and rice in separate containers and then left them to rot. Both got full of maggots. He eventually put the rice one on the counter and the beans (in the container) in the kitchen sink. He didn't have the courtesy to go dump the contents outside. So I had to dump them out the back door and spray them out using the faucet next to the door. Gloves came in handy. Then I let them soak in soapy hot water in the sink for awhile before scrubbing them out.

And now my cat who has been wanting my attention all day for the past two days just jumped on me and wants to be held. He's been following me around and wanting me to pick him up, sitting on me when I sleep, following me to the bathroom, and yowling like its the end of the world if I get more than 5 feet away from him.

I'm waiting for the post office to open at 10am so I can go get mail-- should have some packages-- and then go to the pharmacy and pick up my mother's insulin. The cat will have to deal with my absence. LOL.

Cox coming today to hook me back to their internet service. I switched last year to AT&T with a package deal when I switched to Direct TV. I like DTV but AT&T sucks for internet. AT&T only 18mbps and my Cox will be 50mpbs. for another $10 I could get 100mbps. I was paying $20 a month for the promotion deal from AT&T for the 1st yr. Then on 7/17 it jumps up to like $56

I can get 50mpbs for $56/m so bring it. :cool:

I picked up the new phone in the mail and also got a range extender for the router. I put it on the router and it boosted signal a little. AC and water heater are in between the router and the rooms I'm aiming for so they interfere.

I followed the instructions in the manual on the phone to program the old handsets to work with the new base, but it wasn't working. Used panasonic live chat support and they gave me correct instructions (had to unregister it first). The old base had been sitting on Mom's bed where it would get buried under blankets and stepped on by the dog. The new one had a mounting bracket and when my mother was looking for the screws that she thought came with it, I noticed she had two screws in her wall. I mentioned I could use them. She then said she used to have another panasonic phone mounted there. They were perfectly placed for the new bracket. So I mounted the phone to the wall. Once everything was set up, my mother decided to page me with the intercom 6 times in 15 minutes. She had already called my cellphone about 3 times with the temporary landline phone. LOL.

Went to pick up mom's prescriptions and one med was over $250 for 3 months (normal price over $1100) and they had the wrong type of insulin. So I went home without her stuff after consulting her. She can get the Jenuvia for $80 online and needs to get the doctor to call in the prescription for the right insulin. I think the Novelin is only like $6 but the Humulin is over $70.

Mr_David, I wish I could get an internet package like that. With taxes and fees (Louisiana taxes internet) it comes to about $62 per month for 12Mb/s down with a 10Gb per month limit. If we go over the limit, internet is slowed to turtle pace-- can be below 1Mb/s. Unfortunately, we can't get cable or dsl out here, and cell reception is spotty.

Back