What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, frodo!

So, I was absolutely exhausted all day and got nothing done except for taking some pictures.

This is the pipe from the air conditioner that I kept meaning to get a picture of.
11737964_702712279861640_284988296754182296_n.jpg

It goes straight down into the air circulation compartment and then goes to the left and I think it goes out the floor in the same spot as or near the wires and this very cold pipe that is wrapped in foam goes.
11738127_702712263194975_4269747430099675735_n.jpg

(all of those just go down into the air circulation area and then I think out through the bottom of the house).

We managed to put some scrap vinyl sheet under the water heater before it was installed because the old one leaked. There was no support under it so it started to sag, but my friend propped it up with 2x4s underneath. The drain spout is so close to the floor of the compartment that it had to be turned sideways.
11667370_702712199861648_4103832840371712243_n.jpg

I held the camera up to take a picture of the top of the water heater (which I can't see without a ladder) and I saw that there are no shutoffs.
11699068_702712146528320_4649128703006419243_o.jpg

Which means if I have to shut the water off, then I'll have to do it at the main line. Is it a code violation to NOT have a shutoff at the top of the water heater or at least feeding in to it?

Took my friend to the doctor to see about his neck. He's gut a herniated disk that is causing pain. The doctor said that he needs a series of 3 injections to help with the pain and try to reduce the swelling, but he can't afford the shots ($1200 each) so he'll just have to live with the pain. Doctor also told him if he ever gets insurance to not mention the diagnosis so they won't refuse to pay for it.

Meanwhile, I had to struggle to not just slap my friend's twunt girlfriend because the entire time she did not give a damn about any of my friend's pain and all she talked about was her own minor medical condition the entire effing time and griped about how she couldn't afford to get it treated. She spent all sorts of time looking up pictures and crap about her condition and never once seemed to show any interest or concern in my friend's condition.

Then we went to the grocery store and the twunt forgot her purse in the car so we had to get it for her. Then she decided to go back into the store for some unknown reason and left my friend to load all of the junkfood into the car. We went to 3 different stores. At the last one she bought expensive drinks for herself and then there was no $ left over to buy my friend the Ensure that he needs (she does this ALL the time-- buys stuff she wants and then doesn't have $ for diapers for their daughter or stuff that my friend actually needs).

The doctor's office insisted on getting a payment plan setup even though my friend has no money and they lectured him about how they needed him to start paying and wanted at least $20 but he didn't even have $20 since he's been out of work and the girlfriend spends her entire paycheck as soon as she gets it (only reason they could buy food was from food stamps).

When we got back to my friend's house to unload groceries, the twunt's father was telling her to be nicer to my friend and reminded her that he has a broken neck and then scolded her for leaving so much work for my friend. She did not care.

I really hope he just kicks her to the curb soon. She is just not worth it.

Sorry, venting.. Just frustrating to see how all she seems to care about is that my friend puts a roof over her head and lets her use his computer and TV so she can sit and watch tv / play video games while ignoring her kids (except to scream and swear at them).

Went and pulled my test ball at a custom shower I roughed in yesterday, stopped by a supply house to pick up CleanSeal test balls I need to test a remodel rough in tomorrow morning, changed a kitchen faucet and removed a garbage disposal, then changed a Moen PosiTemp cartridge, then went and looked at a remodel/repipe on a really old house in Orlando, then picked up a Noritz tankless heater that I will install next week, then sat in traffic trying to get home.

If things swing just so, I could potentially have 3 remodels/complete repipes, and a heavy remodel/addition hitting me all at the same time. I have no idea how I can make that happen by myself. Maybe I should give up my addiction to sleeping?

Went and pulled my test ball at a custom shower I roughed in yesterday, stopped by a supply house to pick up CleanSeal test balls I need to test a remodel rough in tomorrow morning, changed a kitchen faucet and removed a garbage disposal, then changed a Moen PosiTemp cartridge, then went and looked at a remodel/repipe on a really old house in Orlando, then picked up a Noritz tankless heater that I will install next week, then sat in traffic trying to get home.

If things swing just so, I could potentially have 3 remodels/complete repipes, and a heavy remodel/addition hitting me all at the same time. I have no idea how I can make that happen by myself. Maybe I should give up my addiction to sleeping?

What do the test balls look like and how do you use them? I've been curious about that. Sounds like you got a lot accomplished.

I managed to get through to AT&T by using a phone at a friend's house. I had to yell at their automated answering system when they wanted a # to contact me. I had to keep repeating "I don't have one" over and over. Then it asked the same question and I had to shout it again before it accepted that. Said repair guy would be over next Tuesday. He showed up today.

He opened the box and messed with some of the wires and then said nothing was wrong on the outside. The phone that had been hooked up was now dead, but when he tested the line it worked. Had him set all wires to be for the same # (had 2 lines back when we had dialup internet and never got it switched back). There was no reliable phone of ours to test so he used his and said we needed to go get another phone. I asked if I had to pay him then or if it would be added to our monthly bill. He said he wasn't charging us because we obviously had enough problems with the phone getting fried and he could see the damage from the tree in the front yard. He left his contact info and said we could call him if there was a problem with the lines once we got a new phone.

I went to the store and got a new corded phone to test. I didn't realize that one end is hardwired in, so I couldn't just use the longer line. It didn't show that on the box. So, I was looking for a line extender in the electrical toolbox and found a phone jack tester. I tested the one in the front room and it was green. Tested the one I had just wired and it was red (reverse polarity). I had hooked green to green and red to red. I unplugged everything, took apart the jack, and switched the wires with green+red & red+green. Used the tester and the green light popped up. So it seems that line was wired wrong at the box. I'm going to use that handy little device on every single jack I find now.

Discovered that I didn't need an extender bc the phone just barely reached.. So now we have one phone working in the back bedroom. No static..

I wonder if the crossed wires is what caused some of the problems with the previous phones. I also wonder if maybe the guy did fix something outside our house that was on their end and didn't want to say-- or maybe tightening wires up helped? I dunno. I'm just glad it works.

When I was in town I picked up my brother on his lunch break and took him to get something to eat. His feet were really hurting, so I found the foot soaker for him.

When I got home I saw that the tub bottom was filthy and the drain was full of his hair. (my hair isn't that thick and I use a hair catcher). I had to pry the hair out and then wiped down the tub floor so he wouldn't slip when he takes a shower later.

\\

whats your rate of pay?

Occupant of a rental says water has been leaking from bottom of cabinet since December. :eek:

001 (640x480).jpg

004 (640x480).jpg

011 (640x480).jpg

015 (640x480).jpg

Thanks, Frodo. So the balls are put in and inflated and then if the joints in the pipes leak then they aren't sealed properly?

I have a tire inflating pump that doesn't use an air tank. I guess it just does bursts of air or something. Plugs in to cigarette lighter of car and I use it to fill up my tires if they get low. Pretty nifty. Beats the hell out of the bicycle pumps.

Mr_David, that first pic looks sort of like a crime scene. LOL. Did these tenants contact the landlord when the leak started or did they actually wait that long to notify about it? (if you actually know that info).

Is that booze and drug paraphernalia in the last cabinet?

Latest posts

Back