Clean out of two sink drain

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankHD

Reaction score
I have a dual sink bathroom vanity and both sinks are running slowly. I have tried removing the drain plugs and cleaning out the hair and stuff around the stopper, and I have removed the P traps and verified there's nothing in them, and I have also used a snake. When I do the snake it simply runs from one P trap to the other and doesn't cleAn anything significant out of the pipes. There must be a T joint in the wall that both drains connect to, but I can't get the snake to find that T joint and make the turn. Any suggestions on how to clean out the line from the T joint to the main drain/sewer line?

That's what I was trying to describe when I wrote about snaking from one P trap to the other. I push the snake in through one P trap and rather than making a turn at the T it just goes straight across and comes out the P trap on the other sink. I read on another post a suggestion to put a slight kink in the snake to help it make the turn at the T.

Thank you. I'll give it a shot. The last thing I want to do is open up the wall and cut the pipe.

I think if I was building a house I would put clean outs and access panels everywhere I could.

Back