What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G/F just left to hike to the top of Mt. Baldy. Me, I'm just sitting on my arse wishing I still had knees to join her.

I understand those knees not being what they use to be. I have to take something to keep one of mine from hurting and making walking not so enjoyable. Old injury and age coming to get me.
Hope you have something neat to do while sitting on your arse.

I've been sewing doll clothes and visiting some internet places.

Angie

I haven't done this but I have made fringe which is basically opposite of what this is showing. Looks almost like making the knot, then weaving the ends into the body of the object.

Take a look here:
http://www.theweavingloom.com/weaving-techniques-rya-knots/

I had to read it a couple of times to let it sink in, but it does make sense.

Hey frodo, I have the same knife as you. Tell me more so I have history on it. It was from my dad he got in WWII

gun collection 042.jpg

Havasu, I'm very relieved to hear you don't have cancer. Diverticulitis is a real bear though. My mother has that. She has to avoid eating small seeds because they get stuck and cause a lot of pain.

Frodo, if you haven't figured out the knot thing, I can ask a couple of my online female friends who sew. My friend in France likes to knit so she might have some ideas. I wish I knew enough about sewing to help, but my sewing skills are very crude.

Awesome bayonet!
yesterday I went to the store for groceries. I think today I will have some raisin bran crunch with sliced banana, strawberry, and some blueberries. I'm trying to snack a little healthier because the past couple of weeks I've had too many of those chocolate chip cookies from Pizza Hut and too many donut holes....

On the bright side, I had a valid excuse to get out of driving my friend's hellbeast gf and her serial-killer-in-training kid to the dentist. I have jury duty- civil trial. I'm hoping they call it off though. They have these steep marble stairs that are a nightmare to climb. They also don't have a ramp for wheelchair access. The only 2 ways into the building are via the tall steep stairs going up or a smaller set of steep stairs going down (reserved only for handicapped people-- only they don't have a ramp for wheelchair access).
I wonder if they will let me bring a pillow for my back. Last time the chairs there were murder on my back-- no lumbar support. #firstworldproblems

Decided it was time to put my stock car up for sale. Getting older sucks :(I haven't been on the track in a few years and the car just sits. Time to go!

Awww. Sorry to hear that Matt.

I'm boiling right now. AC is broken (I think it had a coolant leak, but I'm not sure). Inside the air circulation area it was cold and wet-- dripping-- I think I saw ice. But it's not pushing cold air out. It happened once before and it was because of a leak-- and that was when we'd only had the unit for a year.

Checked the thermostat in the hallway: 90 degrees- and it's hotter in other parts of the house. I'd say it's 95 to 100 in my room right now and I've got all my fans blowing. It doesn't help that it's humid though. Hot and damp. Bleh.

It's ok to run just the fan part of the AC while the cooling part isn't working, right?

I hope the compressor didn't blow. The cooling went out sometime last night or early this morning. Not sure when, I just woke up soaking with sweat and wondering why it was so damn hot.

Last edited:
I sleep with a fan all year round. Ever since I was a little kid I get warm legs and feet and "restless legs" when I try and sleep. If the power goes out (and where I live it happens more than it should) I'm awake. No fan, no sleep.

In those temperatures I would be a mess. Nothing worse! Hopefully it's a simple fix.

Yeah, I have to sleep with a fan as well. If it's not running I can't sleep well.

It seems to be fixed for now after I let it thaw out and then turned it back on, but adjusted the settings. I hope it doesn't freeze up again.

zannie zane, looky here

tumblr_n6i5n27EO61s02vreo1_400.gif

have your ac tech, pull a vacuum, and fix the leak sounds like you have a little piss ant leak, lil sob that is hard to find

is real itty bitty, places to chek first, any field connection,

I am going to have a biopsy taken from my prostate today.
The Dr. is going to stick a Looonnnngggg needle through my :eek:
Had an MRI and they saw something that maybe suspicious.

Question is: should I take the doctor flowers.:D

P.S. NO prayers. They will be wasted on me.
And DON'T Wish Me LUCK.
Luck doesn't have any say in this either.

Well, since you are not letting us pray for you or wish you good luck, we only have one option left.

Enjoy it!

Got a similar procedure going on tuesday. Not looking forward to it. Doctor says no big deal and told me to quit worrying and he does it all the time. So should I be jelous?

Well I survived but I have to go home and sit for two hours. Picking up some tripa tacos.

Had a Mexican buffet today. Feel like I need to lay on the floor and roll around. Hard to be productive when you feel like that.

Latest posts

Back