Drain mistery

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krassyg

Reaction score
Clogged kitchen sink on the 2nd Floor of a house(top floor). I put in a 25' 5/8" Ridgid cable in with a K-45AF machine; no dice. I figured the obstruction was near the basement and I couldn't reach it so I went in from the basement side and put about 16' in before it wouldn't go in any further, same thing. The direct distance between the sink and the basement is about 16'-18' so unless there is a black hole in the pipe I should have cleared the obstruction.The drain leads directly to the basement as far as I can tell; every other plumbing fixture in the house works fine. When I tried using the plunger the water temporary recedes but then I comes back up. WTF? I am guessing that there is a leftover T in the wall somewhere connected to a pipe? Does that make sense? What do you think I should do?

Thanks

As I recommended to Leaky, which had posted his problem below your question, sometimes it is time to just bite the bullet and get a professional in there. He will make fast work or your problem and have a snake with a longer length and also have root cutting blades to really eliminate your stoppage.

Latest posts

Back