What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the steering column stayed, but someone stole the headlights. My brother had brand new LED bulbs and the only way to get to them is to pop the hood, take the front grille off, and then pull the bulbs. And someone not only did that, but they then put it back together again afterward to hide that they had stolen the bulbs.

A friend of ours picked the guy up at 5:30am and took him over and helped him take the motor out to make sure it got done. He's helping him prepare and install the new motor. He's also got a general idea of who might've taken the headlights, so he's going to keep an eye out for them and will get them back.

I just got a message from our friend saying it needs more parts. fun times.

I took my friend to Texas Roadhouse for his birthday. Saw a hat identical to one that burned in his house fire and got it for him. Also ordered an impact driver for his B&D Matrix tool.

Got home to find the internet slow as molasses. Took 5 minutes to load the ISP's page to check data limit and found I went over. Looked at Bitmeter and saw that a program on my computer had loaded 1.5Gb of data without my permission-- and I had set that program to NEVER download without permission first. I had specifically set it to pause all downloads until approved. So, I'm pretty pissed off at the developers for that software and I let them know it.

I had to share these pictures.
These are from a 2 story unit in a 4 unit bldg.
Water was coming through wall into an adjacent unit.
Kitchen faucet has been leaking under sink for awhile.
The leak needed to be stopped.
I kicked the disposal off.
Laid down some plastic and changed the shut off valves under the sink.
I was wearing a respirator and coveralls.
When I got done, I went home and took 2 showers.

Someone lived there.
HOA management that hired me is taking action to clean this up.
Could you even imagine living in a unit that shared a wall with this.

Can you find the hot plate on the counter next to the unusable stove?

I have worked in some nasty places, but I would straight up leave if I walked into that. Good call on the respirator, who knows what airborne disease is floating around there. You're a better man then I my friend!

Yeah, a lot of people would have looked at that place and just said "Nope". I'm glad that you were willing to do it-- because someone had to- Mr_David.

I've seen places like that mr. David. And the people were still there. I never did understand it.

mental illness comes in many different forms and degrees.
you can have the extreme germ-a-phoebes on the other end of that scale.

A least she wasn't saving human body parts in the refrigerator for dinner later

I pity the crew they hire to clean it up.

And she was probably devastated when they did it. My mom was a hoarder, not the save your trash kind but just saw value in everything, hers were neat stacks of junk everywhere. We kept trying to get her to get rid of stuff (She even saved used screws and nails for later projects). She always said when she died we can finally get rid of stuff and let me tell you it took months.

And she was probably devastated when they did it. My mom was a hoarder, not the save your trash kind but just saw value in everything, hers were neat stacks of junk everywhere. We kept trying to get her to get rid of stuff (She even saved used screws and nails for later projects). She always said when she died we can finally get rid of stuff and let me tell you it took months.

I'm a bit of a hoarder myself. I just hate to see things wasted and I hate when things that I think could be useful get thrown away or destroyed. I'm ok with getting rid of stuff if I think it is going to a good home or will be used, but I hate when it just gets trashed. I've learned to let go of more things, but it isn't always easy. I finally started throwing away the plastic grocery bags-- have a HUGE pile of them in a bin. They supposedly have a recycling thing where you can bring them back to the store. Only one of the employees said that is just for show and they don't really recycle-- they just throw it in the trash later. But one time I was bringing the bags in and a woman asked if she could have some of them because she collected them to use as trash bags. Anyway, the bags have gotten thinner and thinner so now I just throw them away.

I collect random screws, twist ties, and stuff like that though... I also re-use microwave dinner bowls to feed the cats (and sometimes I can put them underneath other stuff I microwave to make the stuff easier to carry when I take it out-- bc some stuff doesn't have rims or edges to grab on to).

I pity whoever gets to go through my room when I croak.

Maybe it was paper trash or something. Our trash bags have piled up since my brother hasn't been taking the trash out. I need to get him on a day off to help me load the bags up so I can drive them to the end of the road and he can put them in the bin.

I had to pick up a bunch of dog crap in the front room earlier-- fortunately, I got some extendable rod litter scoops from Petsmart and I was able to get it all up with those and was able to clean out all of the litterboxes without having to bend way over. I use two scoops-- one to push stuff into the other and it works quite well.

Meanwhile, cardiologist visit wasn't great. Unlike my previous doctor, he didn't even look at the info the nurses collected about my medical history and symptoms. He didn't really listen either. He was at least polite, but he basically said he thinks the only problem is that I'm fat. He ignored the fact that I have been having these symptoms since I was 17 and I didn't get fat until I was in my 30s. He didn't really seem to care either. He was just had the "you're fat: end of story" attitude. It's ironic because I had a much earlier doctor dismiss me because I was slim and now I'm being dismissed for being fat. But he did say I should get another stress test done just to be sure.
It was annoying that he was also dismissing prior diagnosis from other doctors. Just because he didn't hear a murmur in the 5 seconds he bothered to listen to my heart doesn't mean I never had one. I have a feeling this is not going to be a good doctor/patient relationship. Plus hes' hard to understand-- he's a foreigner (not sure where he's from). I'm guessing India. I've found a lot of the foreign doctors don't seem to listen very well to patients and are dismissive.

Currently a few beers in, relaxing in my back yard infront of a fire blasting some 90's-2000's hits. Wife is gone away for the summer so im celebrating Canada Day solo.

Happy birthday to the most beautiful country in the world!

That beer must be strong!

Today I spent 5 hours waiting in the local hospital for a cat scan of my stomach pains, figuring for sure I had the big "C." Much to my relief, they found no cancer but found out I had a bad flare up of diverticulosis. I'll take it, thank you God!

Back