My sink is clogged

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaiosama

Reaction score
Hello, my sink was running slow for the past few weeks so I have tried to unclog it using a cup plunger to unclog it but I made it worse. The water wouldnt go down anymore and it stayed in the sink. Then I unscrewed a U shaped pipe and it was full of dirty water so I cleaned it and put it back. Here's a picture: http://i53.tinypic.com/2ch53du.jpg

I screwed it back and put some 3m pipe sealant and tried again, and to my surprise the water still got stuck in the sink. It's not even moving.

What can I do?

Thank you very much

You need to snake the drain line. The pipe in your picture that is coming out of the wall should unscrew as well, and then you need to run a drain snake down the pipe inside of the wall.

Looking at all of the teflon tape that was used and how it was used would also indicate that once the trap is reattached it will leak. Might be time to call a pro to do the snaking as well as clean up and reinstall the trap.

i dont know, looks to me like another roll or two of teflon tape just might do the trick..................jk i agree with caduceus.

Wasn't it Winston Churchill who said "you can never have too much telfon tape?"

The pop up lever most likely has hair wrapped around it and who knows what else. Pull out the pop up lever and the pop up, clean the hair off, put it all back together, enjoy properly draining LAV.

Back