Washing Machine Valve Leaking

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtcellar

Reaction score
When I open the washing machine valves back up, after closing, there was water leakage through the stem o-ring, I’m guessing it got old and cracked. I was going to switch out the valves themselves, but when I put a vise grip on the t fitting and a monkey wrench on the valves, they would not budge under significant torque. I do not want to crack the solder joints or any fittings, as the problem would multiply from there.

Please see the attached pictures. The t-fitting is Nibco but I do not recognize the symbol on the valves themselves. Can someone help with who made them? In the end I am looking for an o-ring and nut kit to seal both valves back up. The o-ring ID is 10 mm, and the nut is 20 mm across the flats. I would guess they’re standard sizes as I live in the US and they look to be 40+ yrs old, but the metric dimensions supplied were pretty dead on.

Thanks all!

IMAG1213.jpg

IMG_3566.jpg

IMG_3760.jpg

John,

Thanks for the reply. As I said in my original post, I put a vise grip on the tee and a monkey wrench on the valve. it feels like if I torque any harder I'm going to pull something in me of break something on the line!

Are there any tricks to get the fitting to loosen up? Like I said, I don't want to bust either of the pipes or tee fitting.

Back