What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool. If I'm not mistaken I have a conference out ya'lls way in the next couple of months. I'll keep you informed.

What happened to the truck phish?

Today I got the results from my blood test for why my stomach has been sour for the last year or two, turns out I have celiacs disease. Guess no more gluten for me. Beer is gonna be the hardest to get rid of.

:mad:

Today I got the results from my blood test for why my stomach has been sour for the last year or two, turns out I have celiacs disease. Guess no more gluten for me. Beer is gonna be the hardest to get rid of.

My girlfriend has Celiacs too and it is not the end of the world. Her and I have both switched from beer to naturally gluten free made in USA "Titos" vodka and could not be happier with that switch at least. The internet is a great source of info on cooking and eating gluten free. Good luck with your conversion.

I do a lot if cooking so the food part I couldn't care less about because I know I can still make good stuff. It's my beer I worry about. I love beer. I brew beer. Guess I will just take a stab at brewing gluten free beer.

Tell me about it, I keep hearing all the beer I can drink tastes like crap. On the good side I changed my diet a little over a week ago and already lost 4 pounds. Essentially it is a no carb diet.

Happy Birthday!

The rearend has had problems, I had put a companion bearing and seals in it a little while ago hoping to get through until I had time to replace it.

The bearing got bad enough yesterday morning that the seal started leaking, just as I got to the job around 40 miles from home. Finished the job, found a parts store and filled the rearend with gear oil, and left for home. About 20 miles later I saw a cloud of smoke, the bearing was really going bad, and the friction built up enough heat to ignite the leaking gear oil, luckily I have a fire extinguisher on the truck.

another company started this but was kicked off after 2 days .
first picture is how I found it.
Had to pump it out and dig some more without being able to shut down the water.

dig, bail, dig, bail

Have to shut down 12 homes to fix it another day

Country View 002.jpg

Country View 004.jpg

And he even used the proper male adapter. I like this guy.

Thanks Chris

The leak was a female PVC bushing with Male copper MIP. It split the pvc.

But I have repaired a lot of male pvc in Female copper fittings.
The threads of the male PVC fitting not inside the copper female fitting are usually what cracks from stress

OK, please tell me what the name of the bush with the orange flowers in the pic David. I have three of them out at my Havasu house and love them, except for the bees it brings!

I always thought it was a fire bush or something. They can really get out of control unless you top them. Problem is when you top them, you have to cut the nicest part of the bush.

08-25-14a.jpg

08-25-14b.jpg

Latest posts

Back