Trouble finding parts for leaky faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aieeeeeeeee

Reaction score
I recently purchased my first home and am discovering what everyone has been telling me is true: Every project takes 10X longer than it should. For example, my bath tub faucet began to leak. I won't tell you the shameful things I had to do to get the bonnet nut off but now that it is, I can't seem to find the parts I need. It is a single-handle faucet but with a seperate hot/cold built into the handle. According to the back-plate, it's a Monitor (Delta). I've been to multiple hardware stores and scoured the internet - including Delta's website - but cannot seem to find any evidence that any others exist. Please check the pictures I have attached. I'm hoping that someone can tell me that I'm a fool and that if I had just checked ____, I would have already had this figured out (or maybe that it is a rare discontinued model and that "used faucet collectors" will pay top dollar for it).

faucet1.jpg

faucet2.jpg

faucet3.jpg

I have learned from many past mistakes that if parts are not readily available at your local big box stores (Lowes, Home Depot, etc), then it is time to pull out and replace with modern units that have easily available parts for future needs. You will save yourself lots of time, money, and headaches!

Now that I've said my two cents, there are numerous professional plumbers who read this forum, and might give you some other better options.

Welcome! Like havasu said I would be looking into getting new fixtures if that's an option.

Well it may not be the answer I wanted but at least now I know. I appreciate you guys taking the time to give your input. Thanks.

Your only other option is to go to a real hardware store and see if that is available thru them. I once needed a brass sprinkler valve, and both Lowe's and Home Depot advised that they were no longer available. I went to this very old Ace Hardware store and asked them if they could recommend who would have them. Much to my suprise, he said they carry about 10 of them in stock all the time, and are known for carrying several other hard to find items.

try a local run hardware store or a local "mom and pop" plumbing supply store Their should still be parts out their for the short lived delta monitor faucet

hi, call menyhart plumbing.. 216-631-5519, you can get there e mail and send them the pictures. say you got there number from rich at dunrite plumbing. they are very helpfull. i dont know where you live but they are in cleveland, ohio. good luck

Back