Thomas Crapper

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dantana

Dantana
Reaction score
Yes, the inventor of the toilet would be proud if he witnessed the flushing performance of the American Standard Cadet 3 toilet bowl (pictured here).

I have no investments in this product what-so-ever. We've had flushing issues since we bought our new home 2 plus years ago. I've tried all conceivable methods to avoid the toilets from backing up and overflowing without any success.

So...we broke down, called a plumber and by his recommendation we purchased two American Standard Cadet 3 toilets. And they flush like a dream. They're quiet and efficient. Even the largest of dueces with handfulls of toilet paper drop like an anvil, quiet and effortlessly.

If anyone out there is comparing new toilet bowls, this is the one to look for. And as I said, I have nothing to gain by sharing or promoting this manufacturer or model. I just wanted to pass along a good recommendation.

Keep your sticks on the ice!

Not sure they still have it, but Home depot used to have all the specs on the toilets they sold. This included the size of the discharge hole. When you think about the difference between 1-1/2" and 2-3/8" (which were two of the measurements listed for different brands) this should tell you that the larger opening will allow for "bigger" items to pass through.

You have probably all seen the golf ball test, where they dump a couple dozen golf balls on the bowl and flush. We set up 4 different toilets. A Kohler Wellworth, an AM Std Cadet, a Toto and of all things a 45 dollar toilet in a bag from HD. Care to guess which crapper flushed the most golf balls every time.......... You got it, the toilet in a bag. Go figure. :rolleyes:

But what's the reason flushing golfballs? If you wont throw them in the dustbin, try to sell them to some golfer? :D:D

Ok, I get the message. Seems anyway like a funny way to compare toilets. Hope the one ****s like golfballs get some treatment. Or dried plums.

Latest posts

Back