shower Faucet cartridge stem help.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

throne7

Reaction score
Hello, can someone please tell me what is the name and part# of this shower faucet stem cartridge? It is leaking profusely. The way it should work is that when I pull up on the stem all the water should be diverted to the shower head at the top. However as it is now, only half the water comes up and the rest just spills onto the floor shower stall. If possible please direct me to some photos on the web of what this stem looks like so I can get correct replacement from Home Depot(?). Thanks so much in advance.

faucet1.jpg

faucet2.jpg

Yes, the problem is being caused by a bad tubspout.

They come in two general flavors. One type is held in place by a set screw and sealed by an O-ring. To remove this type, you need to loosen the set screw with an Allen (hex) wrench, and then pull the spout away from the wall. The screw will be located on the bottom, right up against the tile wall. The other type threads onto an adaptor that is soldered onto a copper pipe. To remove this type, you will need to unthread it from the adaptor. Usually by sticking the handles of a pair of pliers into the discharge opening of the tubspout.

Latest posts

Back