Sewer Manhole

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I have another stupid question. Is that pipping to bring in fresh water? I've always taken for granted that it works and never took the time to learn about it. I'm hopping to get schooled here.

The green piping and manhole are for sewer.

How big are normal city sewer lines? That didn't look very big...

6" and up
I pulled a manhole cover once and the sewer line had to have been at least 8 ft in Diameter. There was a ladder to a metal platform above the water flow.
Very scary lookin'

City sewer lines are only 6"? Wow, i was expecting the tunnels you see in movies...

Those tunnels you see are usually storm drain. Sewer pipe is generally smaller like said above 6" and up and only the big mains will be larger than 12". It is real common to see Storm drain lines that 96".

Do the inspectors require inspection of the base before you set the collars? BTW, nice workmanship on the waterways.

A while back (25 years ago) our council inspected the benching with cotton wool, if any wool was left behind you would have to do it again!!! Pretty strict stuff, now its completely the opposite, guys aren't even qualified and laying drains!!! Council now sub contracts drain laying companies to do their work, and they are putting the drains flowing the wrong way :) pretty funny stuff, but not funny at the same time gotta love South Africa

Latest posts

Back